Back in February, the Ohio Casino Control Commission (OCCC) released a short list of NFL Draft betting props available in Ohio. The list underwhelmed those looking to bet the NFL’s offseason cornerstone.
Unavailable markets included the first overall pick, first QB drafted, and player-specific landing spots. Come mid-April, the OCCC expanded its list of available NFL Draft props for Ohio.
How much did the list of available props expand? With Ohio sports betting up and running, what can Ohioans now bet on come April 27?
OCCC expands NFL Draft betting options
While residents of the Buckeye State still can’t bet on the up-for-grabs first overall pick, they can bet on the fourth and sixth overall picks. Per the new guidelines, Ohioans will be able to bet on markets for players picked at each draft position, excluding the first and second picks. Currently, pick No. 4 and pick No. 6 are the only available markets; those picks are held by the Indianapolis Colts and Detroit Lions, respectively.
Other new options offered include player-specific draft position, over/under draft positions for players, and round-specific position totals. Ultimately, the number of approved NFL Draft markets expanded from four to 12. Each market below was individually approved by the OCCC director:
- Player Y drafted in Round X
- Player selected at X pick (excluding the 1st or 2nd overall pick of the draft)
- Position of X team 1st draft pick (excluding the 1st or 2nd overall pick of the draft)
- Over/under players from X conference in a round
- Over/under X position players drafted in a round
- X player draft position
- X drafted player at X position (excluding the 1st or 2nd overall pick of the draft)
- Player to be drafted first matchup. (Example: Who is drafted first: Player X or Player Y)
- Number of specific position players selected in Round X
- Number of specified NCAA conference players selected in Round X
- Number of specific position players selected in the draft
- Number of specified NCAA conference players selected in the draft
Perhaps it was in response to disappointed punters, or just a change of heart. Either way, Ohioans have a much wider selection of NFL Draft props to bet in this month.
The newly approved markets began to appear late last week, mainly at DraftKings Sportsbook. Other books will likely follow soon, with the NFL Draft kicking off Thursday, April 27.
Top Ohio sportsbook promos for 2023 NFL Draft
With the 2023 NFL Draft being the first in which local fans can legally bet on the next rookie class of Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns, legal Ohio sportsbooks will be offering specials and promos to attract new customers.
Check back here closer to Draft Day for the best NFL Draft betting promos in Ohio.