BetRivers Sportsbook Ohio – $500 Second-Chance Bet
BetRivers has arrived in Ohio with hopes of being one of the top online sportsbooks in the state. And as a new user, if you sign up with BetRivers sportsbook bonus code PLAYRIV, you’ll be eligible for an up to $500 second-chance bet bonus. You’ll also be automatically entered into BetRivers exclusive iRush Rewards club.
In addition to the BetRivers welcome bonus, this review will tell you what to expect from BetRivers online sportsbook in Ohio. We’ll look at the steps required to open at BetRivers account and how to make bets on the app, the various promotions available at the online sportsbook and its overall strengths and weaknesses.
Must be 21+. Available in OH only. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER. Sports gaming is provided in partnership with Dayton Real Estate Ventures, LLC d/b/a Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway.
BetRivers Sportsbook bonus code for Ohio 2023
To claim your BetRivers Ohio welcome bonus, enter the BetRivers Ohio bonus code PLAYRIV when you sign up or when you make your initial deposit. Then BetRivers will insure your first bet, up to $500.
|Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook Ohio|
|BetRivers Ohio Bonus Code||PLAYRIV|
|BetRivers Sign-up Offer||Up to $500 Second Chance Bet|
|Ohio launch||January 1, 2023|
|Licensing Partner||Hollywood Casino in Columbus|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
Claiming your BetRivers welcome bonus
Once you enter the best BetRivers sportsbook bonus code PLAYRIV and make your first deposit, simply make your first bet on the site. If that bet wins, you receive your winnings as per usual. Congrats on a great start at BetRivers. But if that bet loses, don’t worry. BetRivers will give you a second chance in the form of a bet credit
The bet credit will be in the amount of your original wager, up to the offer maximum of $500.
You get 30 days from when you receive the refund to use your bet credit.
Is BetRivers Sportsbook legit?
Yes, BetRivers is a brand that has a strong presence in many of Ohio’s neighboring states, and it is completely legit. The sportsbook is up and running in Michigan, Indiana, Iowa, and Illinois, among many more. Not only does this prove that BetRivers is a trustworthy operator, but it’s also one that many Ohio sports bettors may already be familiar with.
BetRivers is a completely legitimate sports betting brand that customers should have no fears about using. The sportsbook has received a license from the state of Ohio and has gone through the regulatory hoops necessary to operate in the state.
For its license, BetRivers partnered with Hollywood Casino. Sports bettors can be confident trusting BetRivers with their money and information as the sportsbook is taking all the necessary steps to ensure a safe, protected, and regulated product.
Sports betting requirements in Ohio
For legal sports betting in Ohio, the minimum age to bet is 21. While you do not need to live in Ohio, you must be in the state each time you place a bet. BetRivers confirms your age during the sign-up process. Then, each time you use the BetRivers betting app and/or website, it checks your whereabouts using geolocation technology. If you aren’t in Ohio, you won’t be able to bet.
This week at BetRivers Sportsbook – Jan. 30-Feb. 5
BetRivers Sportsbook has so many options for sports bettors when it comes to betting markets that it can be a bit overwhelming. We’ve broken down some of the most popular sporting events in the week ahead so you can have a place to start. Both the Cleveland Cavaliers, three games, and Columbus Blue Jackets, one game, are in action this week. Columbus only plays once this week because this weekend is the NHL All-Star Game.
The Super Bowl is fast approaching and that’s going to be the focus of many sports bettors. While the actual game doesn’t take place until Sunday, February 12, there is still plenty of time to start analyzing the lines and pick some savvy betting spots. You also can get your football fix this weekend with the NFL Pro Bowl, in a new and hopefully exciting format.
Beyond football, there is a lot of great college basketball action going on. Two top-ten teams will face off against each other when Kansas plays in-state rival Kansas State. With March coming soon, taking a loss at this point in the season can be heartbreaking.
Last but not least, lot of sports bettors are looking towards soccer bets. The World Cup cause a spike in popularity in the USA and with the 2026 edition of the tournament being hosted in North America, there’s lots of chatter. The English Premier League is back in action as sports bettors look to see if Arsenal can hold on to the top spot.
BetRivers Ohio also has some great promotions that you can claim:
- Super Bowl Squares: Bet $10 on the Super Bowl and get a square. Bet $50 on the game and get a second square. Bet $100 and get your third and final square. Chance to win up to $10,000.
- NBA Bet & Get: Place at least three qualifying same-game parlays and get a $10 bonus bet.
- NHL First Goal Insurance: Bet on any player to score the game’s first goal and get a bonus bets refund (up to $25) if he doesn’t score first, but does score later in the game.
Signing up at BetRivers Ohio
You can sign up with BetRivers Ohio remotely using either the BetRivers website or app. To start, click the “Sign Up” button and enter some personal details:
- Phone number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
You’ll also need to create a username and password, and select two security questions and provide answers. Make sure you remember both because they’re necessary if you need assistance from customer service.
And be sure to enter the BetRivers bonus code PLAYRIV when prompted while signing up depositing. to unlock any welcome offers to which you are entitled.
BetRivers Sportsbook Ohio launch
Regulated online sportsbooks launched in Ohio on January 1, 2023, and BetRivers was one of the operators to go live that day.
BetRivers sportsbook accesses the market under the regulatory approval and control of the Ohio Casino Control Commission. For licensing purposes, BetRivers has partnered with Hollywood Casino in Columbus.
The BetRivers sports betting app
BetRivers has sports betting apps for Apple and Android, so just follow these steps to get the appropriate app on your device.
Downloading BetRivers for iOS
On an iOS device, go to the bottom of the BetRivers website and you should see a “Download our free app!” headline. Below it you will click the Apple button, which opens the App Store to the BetRivers Ohio page. Install the app from there.
Downloading BetRivers for Android
Same as with an iOS device, head to the bottom of the BetRivers site on an Android phone or tablet until you see “Download our free app!” Click the Android-specific button, which will take you to the appropriate page on the Google Play store, where you can download the app.
To see the available promos on BetRivers Sportsbook, click “Promotions” on the app or website. BetRivers rotates what is available, but here are some of the options you could find.
- Profit boosts: One of the biggest promotions that BetRivers offers is a profit boost. Most of the profit boost promos apply for a single sport for a specific day of the week. For instance, you could get a 20% live MLB boost every Tuesday and Thursday. Depending on the time of year, you also could get a 20% boost to one parlay wager on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
- Insurance offers: BetRivers also runs insurance offers throughout the year. Again, these promotions tend to focus on a particular sport on a specific day of the week. Just make sure to read the conditions to make sure you’re following all the requirements. If you don’t, you might end up missing out on the offer.
- Odds boosts every day: When you click the Specials tab at BetRivers, you can see that day’s odds boosts. The boosts can be for a variety of bets.
How do I use BetRivers profit boosts?
Using profit boosts at BetRivers is very simple, but you still need to make sure you do it. Otherwise you will not receive the boost. Select the bet you want, then, if the wager is eligible for a boost, you will see a box in your bet slip. It might read “20% Profit Boost,” for example, as well as listing a max wager and when the boost expires. Just click the box, and you’ll see the odds of your wager improve.
BetRivers rewards program
By signing up with BetRivers Ohio Sportsbook, you also are joining the iRush Rewards loyalty program. Now every bet you make will earn you iRush Rewards points that you can redeem for prizes at the bonus store.
Straight wagers will get you one point for every $6 you bet, while parlays earn more points based on the number of legs. For instance, a two-leg parlay is one point for every $3 that you wager, while a 10-leg parlay is one point for every $0.50.
Reasons to choose the BetRivers Sportsbook app
Here are some of BetRivers’ primary strong points, if you’re considering signing up:
- Promos and rewards: BetRivers offers more profit boost promotions than many other online sportsbooks. Profit boosts give you the power to select your bets and win more money on them thanks to the boosts. On top of that, you get rewarded for every bet you place at BetRivers thanks to iRush Rewards.
- Betting options: BetRivers has pretty much all the sports and bets you could hope to find at any sportsbook. You can bet on all the top US and global sports leagues, as well as all the local pro teams.
- Betting insights: Clicking on the “Tips” button will show you stats you can use to help inform your wagers. This can be especially useful if you’re short on research time.
Things we’d change about the BetRivers app?
While BetRivers does a lot well, there still are a few areas that could go with some improvement. Here are our biggest complaints about the sportsbook:
- The newsfeed: The newsfeed on the BetRivers website scrolls through showing usernames with info like “four wins in a row” or “Big win, 11x bet.” For us, it added little to the experience and was distracting. The good news is, the newsfeed does not exist on the BetRivers app.
- No 24-hour support: BetRivers support staff members are available from 8:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. daily. While that is just a small window when you can’t get help, it still is worth mentioning. Sports are taking place around the clock, and we know many people work weird hours, so just keep in mind the hours when you won’t be able to get help at BetRivers.
- There are better apps: Let’s be clear, the BetRivers app is not bad, but it’s also not our favorite app out there. It’s never ideal when apps are viewable only in the vertical format, which is the case with BetRivers. However, while it used to freeze up and be a little glitchy sometimes, many of those issues no longer exist. So it does continue to improve.
Betting markets at BetMGM
The sportsbook offers moneyline, point spread, total and prop bets, as well as parlays and futures. Here is how BetRivers displays the sports lines and odds on the app and website, followed by how the various bets work:
|Cleveland Browns||-6.5 (-113)||-295||Over 52.5 (-105)|
|Cincinnati Bengals||+6.5 (-108)||+235||Under 52.5 (-115)|
Where do I find the moneyline at BetRivers?
What most sportsbooks call the moneyline is simply “Win” at BetRivers. We actually like this change because money line bets are wagers on who will win, so BetRivers just makes it more clear.
As far as the actual numbers, Cleveland at -295 means you would have to place a $295 bet on the Browns in order to win $100 if correct. The relatively small return is because the Browns moneyline odds make them the favorite in this matchup. Meanwhile, the Cincinnati moneyline odds of +235 tell you that a $100 bet would win you $235 if the Bengals pull off the upset.
Point spread betting
To win a point spread wager, the team you bet on must be leading after adjusting for the spread. So the Browns, at -6.5, would need to win by seven or more. Wagers on the Bengals, meanwhile, would win if Cincinnati wins by any score or loses by fewer than seven points.
Betting on the total score
Over/unders or totals are wagers on the total combined score of a game. How many points each team tallies on its own does not matter. If, for instance, the final score is 30-24, bets on the over would win since 54 total points is more than the line of 52.5 points.
Where are prop bets listed at BetRivers?
For each game or event at BetRivers, you’ll see a tab in the middle of the bet that says “More bets” with a number in parentheses. This number is how many bets are available for that game. Clicking it will show you all the bets, which includes all the available props. BetRivers has various player, team and game props for most contests. If you’re unaware, props are wagers on whether specific events will or will not happen during games.
How do you make parlays and round robins at BetRivers?
To build and place a parlay at BetRivers, just select two or more individual bets. Then, in your bet slip, choose the “Parlay” option. The slip displays the wagers you’ve selected and their individual odds, and at the bottom are the parlay’s overall odds. In order to win a parlay, each of your individual selections must be correct.
As for round robins, you must begin by picking at least three bets. Next, you’ll choose the “round robins” option in your slip. Now, you will have a variety of choices based on how many bets you have selected. Essentially, round robins group your picks together so you can still win some money if you don’t get all your picks right.
Futures betting at BetRivers
BetRivers has a number of future options for the most popular pro and college leagues in the US and abroad. To see what’s available, just click the league you’re interested in and then choose “Futures.”
For example, if you’re looking at betting on the NFL prior to the start of the regular season, for instance, you can wager on individual players to collect certain stats in the upcoming season, or on a team to win its division or conference. Or even go all the way and place a bet on the next Super Bowl winner.
Live betting options
Live betting refers to any bets you make on a game that already is underway. This can be as simple as wagering on a team that is currently behind to rally and win. But you also will find that BetRivers has “Instant betting” options. Instant betting allows you to wager on what will happen during the next play or pitch. This is also referred to as micro betting.
Live betting is kind of like regular betting with a jolt of electricity. That’s because odds and lines change at lightning speed and continue to fluctuate until a game is nearly over.
Betting on the Memorial golf tournament at BetRivers Ohio
As one of many examples of all the Ohio-based sports you can bet on in the app, BetRivers offers comprehensive wagering for the Memorial — which takes place at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio — as well as other PGA Tour events. Golf betting functions a bit differently from wagering on the major team sports. Here are some popular bets:
- Finishing markets: For golf wagers, you will find listings that allow you to wager on where players will end up finishing. For instance, you could bet on Phil Mickelson to win the Memorial, or to finish in the top five, top 10 or top 20. The odds work just as they do for moneyline bets, but you will never see negative odds on a player to win before the start of a tournament. Instead, you may even see the favorite at +1,000 or higher.
- Straight forecast: BetRivers is one of the few oddsmakers to offer bets for predicting who will finish first and second at golf tournaments. Getting these bets correct is extremely hard, which is clear when you look and see the shortest odds in the neighborhood of +16,000.
- Round wagers: Similar to being able to place quarter bets for football and basketball games, you can bet on a single round of a golf tournament. The most typical ones are for which player will be leading after any given round. A key to understand with these and other finishing bets is that your winning amount will change if a player finishes tied for a certain position. For instance, if you wager on Justin Thomas to be leading the Memorial after one round, but he finishes in a three-way tie for first, your wager would pay out 33% of its overall value.
- Head-to-head bets: For some of the bigger events, like majors, WGC events and usually the Memorial, you can bet on how two specific players will fare against each other. Maybe you simply want to bet that Jon Rahm will finish higher than Dustin Johnson. You will be able to do so at BetRivers Sportsbook.
Banking at BetRivers
BetRivers offers a large number of choices for depositing and withdrawing funds from your sportsbook account. Double-check that there is a withdrawal option that works for you. That way, when you go to cash out, you’ll be able to do so quickly and easily.
Most BetRivers deposit options have low minimum requirements, including some with no minimum and some with a minimum deposit of $10. Only the wire transfer has a higher deposit requirement. Double check with the operator if you want to deposit a small amount, as these limits can change over time. In most cases, you can expect your funds to arrive near instantaneously.
BetRivers deposit options include:
- Debit/Credit card
- ACH (e-check)
- Online Banking
- Wire Transfer
- BetRivers Play+ Prepaid Debit Card
Withdrawals can take a little bit longer to process, but you should still receive your funds with 1-3 days depending on method. BetRivers will process withdrawals for nearly any amount, although some methods can have a minimum of $10. Your BetRivers withdrawal options currently include:
- ACH (e-check)
- Online Banking
- BetRivers Play+ Prepaid Debit Card
BetRivers customer support
To get help from BetRivers, you can select “Help Center” or “Support Chat” from the website or “Support” on the app. BetRivers has representatives available seven days a week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 1 a.m.
You can live chat with an agent or send an email through your BetRivers account. We also suggest checking out the multitude of frequently asked questions that you can find on the support page. Many times you can answer your own question with relative ease. At this time there is not a phone number to call for support.
BetRivers personal limits
BetRivers provides multiple methods to help ensure you are gambling responsibly. You can access all of them by clicking “My Account” and then “Responsible Gaming.” Here are the options:
- Time limits: You can restrict how many hours a day you can be logged into your BetRivers account.
- Spending limits: You can limit how much money you can lose in a single day, week or month.
- Deposit limits: Control the amount of money you can deposit during one day, week or month.
- Self-suspension: Your BetRivers Sportsbook account will close for a length of your choosing. The options range from three to 30 days.
- BetRivers exclusion: This option allows you to shut down your account entirely for either one or three years. Once you choose to go this route, there is no changing your mind.
Can I bet at BetRivers Sportsbook in person in Ohio?
No, BetRivers does not have a retail sportsbook in Ohio. It’s licensing partner, Hollywood Casino in Columbus, already has a sportsbook on the premises under the Barstool brand, so it seems unlikely BetRivers will have a retail presence there.
BetRivers vs other Ohio sportsbooks?
BetRivers may not be the best sportsbook in Ohio, but it also is definitely not the worst. Instead, it resides pretty much at the middle of the pack. There are some good things about BetRivers (rewards club, promotional offers, live betting) but nothing truly exceptional to help vault it to the top of the class.
We believe sports betting is a very personalized thing, and it’s one of the reasons we recommend giving BetRivers a try. You might really love the betting tips that the sportsbook provides, for instance. We also like the welcome bonus at BetRivers and believe it offers a good value for anyone who wants to check out the sportsbook.
BetRivers Ohio FAQ
The BetRivers sportsbook bonus code in Ohio is PLAYRIV. You can enter it when opening a new account or when making your first deposit. When you do, BetRivers will insure your first bet, up to $500.
Yes, you can bet on college sports at BetRivers. However, it’s not yet clear if you will be able to bet on Ohio-based teams like the Ohio State Buckeyes. Some states allow betting on in-state schools, and others do not.
No, BetRivers does not charge a fee when you cash out any funds. You can use PayPal, e-check, online bank transfer or a BetRivers Play+ prepaid debit card to withdraw money.
The only time BetRivers will withhold money for tax purposes is if you win more than $500 AND at least 300 times your wager amount. In that situation, BetRivers automatically withholds 24% of your winnings for federal taxes. This also will be reflected on your W-2G form for that year.
No. However, while you do not need to live in Ohio, you do need to be physically within the state whenever you place a bet or cash out early. Online sportsbooks such as BetRivers use geolocation software to track your location when you’re logged into the app and/or website. Assuming you’re in Ohio, you can bet without a problem. If you’re not in Ohio, though, you won’t be able to wager.
You can start the download process by scrolling to the bottom of the BetRivers website and clicking either the Apple or Android link under the “Download our free app!” header.