BetRivers Sportsbook Ohio – $500 Match Bonus
Disclaimer: BetRivers Sportsbook is not yet live in Ohio. This review is speculative based on the BetRivers sports betting app in other states and will be updated when BetRivers Ohio comes online.
When BetRivers arrives in Ohio it will likely be one of the top online sportsbooks in the state. And as a new user, if you sign up with BetRivers sportsbook bonus code PLAYRIV, you’ll be eligible for a $500 deposit bonus. You’ll also be automatically entered into BetRivers exclusive iRush Rewards club.
In addition to de the BetRivers welcome bonus, this review will tell you what to expect from BetRivers online sportsbook in Ohio. We’ll look at the steps required to open at BetRivers account and how to make bets on the app, the various promotions available at the online sportsbook and its overall strengths and weaknesses.
BetRivers Sportsbook Ohio launch
BetRivers Sportsbook will launch in Ohio on January 1, 2023.
The sportsbook cannot access the market until the Ohio Casino Control Commission has finalized the regulations. As new batches of regulations are continually being released, and the license requests are yet to be submitted, there is no certainty as to which sites will be given the go-ahead. However, BetRivers will get a license thanks to its ability to do so in other states across the US.
This page will continue to be updated as we learn more about BetRivers Sportsbook’s pending launch in Ohio.
BetRivers Sportsbook bonus code for Ohio 2022
To claim your welcome bonus, enter the BetRivers Ohio bonus code PLAYRIV when you sign up or when you make your initial deposit. Then just make your deposit and BetRivers will match it at a rate of 100% up to $500.
|Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook Ohio|
|BetRivers Ohio Bonus Code||PLAYRIV|
|BetRivers Sign-up Offer||100% up to $500 deposit match bonus|
|Ohio launch?||Possibly January 1, 2023|
|Last Updated||September 2022|
Claiming your BetRivers welcome bonus
Once you enter BetRivers sportsbook bonus code PLAYRIV and make your first deposit, you’ll need to meet a 1x playthrough requirement to unlock the bonus funds. This means that the sportsbook will release $1 in bonus money for every $1 in qualifying sports wagers you make.
In order for a bet to count toward the playthrough requirement, its odds must be -200 or longer. That means a bet with -250 odds would not qualify, but one with odds of -150 would.
You get 30 days from when you make your deposit to unlock your bonus money and then wager it. At that point, any bonus funds still locked will expire.. You’ll want to pay attention so you don’t end up losing out.
Is the BetRivers sign-up bonus good?
Yes, overall the BetRivers deposit bonus is a respectable welcome offer for new bettors. It would be nice if the maximum match was higher than $500, but that’s really our only complaint. The 1x playthrough requirement is one of the lowest you will find. Furthermore, getting 30 days to reach the requirement also is very generous.
Is BetRivers Sportsbook legit?
Yes, BetRivers is a trustworthy online sportsbook. BetRivers has received licenses in numerous other states including Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia, Iowa, Indiana, Colorado and Illinois. This means regulators in all those states have reviewed BetRivers and found them worthy of licensing
Sports betting requirements in Ohio
For legal sports betting in Ohio, the minimum age to bet is 21. While you do not need to live in Ohio, you will have to be in the state each time you place a bet. BetRivers confirms your age during the sign-up process. Then, each time you use the BetRivers betting app and/or website, it checks your whereabouts using geolocation technology. If you aren’t in Ohio, you won’t be able to bet.
Signing up at BetRivers Ohio
You can sign up with BetRivers remotely using either the BetRivers website or app. To start, click the “Sign Up” button and enter some personal details:
- Phone number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
You’ll also need to create a username and password, and select two security questions and provide answers. Make sure you remember both because they’re necessary if you need assistance from customer service.
And be sure to enter the BetRivers bonus code PLAYRIV when prompted while signing up depositing. to unlock any welcome offers to which you are entitled.
The BetRivers sports betting app
BetRivers has sports betting apps for Apple and Android, so just follow these steps to get the appropriate app on your device.
Downloading BetRivers for iOS
On an iOS device, go to the bottom of the BetRivers website and you should see a “Download our free app!” headline. Below it you will click the Apple button, which opens the App Store to the BetRivers Ohio page. Install the app from there.
Downloading BetRivers for Android
Same as with an iOS device, head to the bottom of the BetRivers site on an Android phone or tablet until you see “Download our free app!” Click the Android-specific button, which will take you to the appropriate page on the Google Play store, where you can download the app.
To see the available promos on BetRivers Sportsbook, click “Promotions” on the app or website. BetRivers rotates what is available, but here are some of the options you could find.
- Profit boosts: One of the biggest promotions that BetRivers offers is a profit boost. Most of the profit boost promos apply for a single sport for a specific day of the week. For instance, you could get a 20% live MLB boost every Tuesday and Thursday. Depending on the time of year, you also could get a 20% boost to one parlay wager on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
- Insurance offers: BetRivers also runs insurance offers throughout the year. Again, these promotions tend to focus on a particular sport on a specific day of the week. Just make sure to read the conditions to make sure you’re following all the requirements. If you don’t, you might end up missing out on the offer.
- Odds boosts every day: When you click the Specials tab at BetRivers, you can see that day’s odds boosts. The boosts can be for a variety of bets.
How do I use BetRivers profit boosts?
Using profit boosts at BetRivers is very simple, but you still need to make sure you do it. Otherwise you will not receive the boost. Select the bet you want, then, if the wager is eligible for a boost, you will see a box in your bet slip. It might read “20% Profit Boost,” for example, as well as listing a max wager and when the boost expires. Just click the box, and you’ll see the odds of your wager improve.
BetRivers rewards program
By signing up with BetRivers Ohio Sportsbook, you also are joining the iRush Rewards loyalty program. Now every bet you make will earn you iRush Rewards points that you can redeem for prizes at the bonus store.
Straight wagers will get you one point for every $6 you bet, while parlays earn more points based on the number of legs. For instance, a two-leg parlay is one point for every $3 that you wager, while a 10-leg parlay is one point for every $0.50.
Reasons to choose the BetRivers Sportsbook app
Here are some of BetRivers’ primary strong points, if you’re considering signing up:
- Promos and rewards: BetRivers offers more profit boost promotions than many other online sportsbooks. Profit boosts give you the power to select your bets and win more money on them thanks to the boosts. On top of that, you get rewarded for every bet you place at BetRivers thanks to iRush Rewards.
- Betting options: BetRivers has pretty much all the sports and bets you could hope to find at any sportsbook. You can bet on all the top US and global sports leagues, as well as all the local pro teams.
- Betting insights: Clicking on the “Tips” button will show you stats you can use to help inform your wagers. This can be especially useful if you’re short on research time.
Things we’d change about the BetRivers app?
While BetRivers does a lot well, there still are a few areas that could go with some improvement. Here are our biggest complaints about the sportsbook:
- The newsfeed: The newsfeed on the BetRivers website scrolls through showing usernames with info like “four wins in a row” or “Big win, 11x bet.” For us, it added little to the experience and was distracting. The good news is, the newsfeed does not exist on the BetRivers app.
- No 24-hour support: BetRivers support staff members are available from 8:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. daily. While that is just a small window when you can’t get help, it still is worth mentioning. Sports are taking place around the clock, and we know many people work weird hours, so just keep in mind the hours when you won’t be able to get help at BetRivers.
- There are better apps: Let’s be clear, the BetRivers app is not bad, but it’s also not our favorite app out there. It’s never ideal when apps are viewable only in the vertical format, which is the case with BetRivers. However, while it used to freeze up and be a little glitchy sometimes, many of those issues no longer exist. So it does continue to improve.
Betting markets at BetMGM
The sportsbook offers moneyline, point spread, total and prop bets, as well as parlays and futures. Here is how BetRivers displays the sports lines and odds on the app and website, followed by how the various bets work:
|Cleveland Browns||-6.5 (-113)||-295||Over 52.5 (-105)|
|Cincinnati Bengals||+6.5 (-108)||+235||Under 52.5 (-115)|
Where do I find the moneyline at BetRivers?
What most sportsbooks call the moneyline is simply “Win” at BetRivers. We actually like this change because money line bets are wagers on who will win, so BetRivers just makes it more clear.
As far as the actual numbers, Cleveland at -295 means you would have to place a $295 bet on the Browns in order to win $100 if correct. The relatively small return is because the Browns moneyline odds make them the favorite in this matchup. Meanwhile, the Cincinnati moneyline odds of +235 tell you that a $100 bet would win you $235 if the Bengals pull off the upset.
Point spread betting
To win a point spread wager, the team you bet on must be leading after adjusting for the spread. So the Browns, at -6.5, would need to win by seven or more. Wagers on the Bengals, meanwhile, would win if Cincinnati wins by any score or loses by fewer than seven points.
Betting on the total score
Over/unders or totals are wagers on the total combined score of a game. How many points each team tallies on its own does not matter. If, for instance, the final score is 30-24, bets on the over would win since 54 total points is more than the line of 52.5 points.
Where are prop bets listed at BetRivers?
For each game or event at BetRivers, you’ll see a tab in the middle of the bet that says “More bets” with a number in parentheses. This number is how many bets are available for that game. Clicking it will show you all the bets, which includes all the available props. BetRivers has various player, team and game props for most contests. If you’re unaware, props are wagers on whether specific events will or will not happen during games.
How do you make parlays and round robins at BetRivers?
To build and place a parlay at BetRivers, just select two or more individual bets. Then, in your bet slip, choose the “Parlay” option. The slip displays the wagers you’ve selected and their individual odds, and at the bottom are the parlay’s overall odds. In order to win a parlay, each of your individual selections must be correct.
As for round robins, you must begin by picking at least three bets. Next, you’ll choose the “round robins” option in your slip. Now, you will have a variety of choices based on how many bets you have selected. Essentially, round robins group your picks together so you can still win some money if you don’t get all your picks right.
Futures betting at BetRivers
BetRivers has a number of future options for the most popular pro and college leagues in the US and abroad. To see what’s available, just click the league you’re interested in and then choose “Futures.”
For example, if you’re looking at betting on the NFL prior to the start of the regular season, for instance, you can wager on individual players to collect certain stats in the upcoming season, or on a team to win its division or conference. Or even go all the way and place a bet on the next Super Bowl winner.
Live betting options
Live betting refers to any bets you make on a game that already is underway. This can be as simple as wagering on a team that is currently behind to rally and win. But you also will find that BetRivers has “Instant betting” options. Instant betting allows you to wager on what will happen during the next play or pitch. This is also referred to as micro betting.
Live betting is kind of like regular betting with a jolt of electricity. That’s because odds and lines change at lightning speed and continue to fluctuate until a game is nearly over.
Betting on the Memorial golf tournament at BetRivers Ohio
As one of many examples of all the Ohio-based sports you can bet on in the app, BetRivers offers comprehensive wagering for the Memorial — which takes place at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio — as well as other PGA Tour events. Golf betting functions a bit differently from wagering on the major team sports. Here are some popular bets:
- Finishing markets: For golf wagers, you will find listings that allow you to wager on where players will end up finishing. For instance, you could bet on Phil Mickelson to win the Memorial, or to finish in the top five, top 10 or top 20. The odds work just as they do for moneyline bets, but you will never see negative odds on a player to win before the start of a tournament. Instead, you may even see the favorite at +1,000 or higher.
- Straight forecast: BetRivers is one of the few oddsmakers to offer bets for predicting who will finish first and second at golf tournaments. Getting these bets correct is extremely hard, which is clear when you look and see the shortest odds in the neighborhood of +16,000.
- Round wagers: Similar to being able to place quarter bets for football and basketball games, you can bet on a single round of a golf tournament. The most typical ones are for which player will be leading after any given round. A key to understand with these and other finishing bets is that your winning amount will change if a player finishes tied for a certain position. For instance, if you wager on Justin Thomas to be leading the Memorial after one round, but he finishes in a three-way tie for first, your wager would pay out 33% of its overall value.
- Head-to-head bets: For some of the bigger events, like majors, WGC events and usually the Memorial, you can bet on how two specific players will fare against each other. Maybe you simply want to bet that Jon Rahm will finish higher than Dustin Johnson. You will be able to do so at BetRivers Sportsbook.
Banking at BetRivers
BetRivers offers a large number of choices for depositing and withdrawing funds from your sportsbook account. Double-check that there is a withdrawal option that works for you. That way, when you go to cash out, you’ll be able to do so quickly and easily.
Most BetRivers deposit options have low minimum requirements, including some with no minimum and some with a minimum deposit of $10. Only the wire transfer has a higher deposit requirement. Double check with the operator if you want to deposit a small amount, as these limits can change over time. In most cases, you can expect your funds to arrive near instantaneously.
BetRivers deposit options include:
- Debit/Credit card
- ACH (e-check)
- Online Banking
- Wire Transfer
- BetRivers Play+ Prepaid Debit Card
Withdrawals can take a little bit longer to process, but you should still receive your funds with 1-3 days depending on method. BetRivers will process withdrawals for nearly any amount, although some methods can have a minimum of $10. Your BetRivers withdrawal options currently include:
- ACH (e-check)
- Online Banking
- BetRivers Play+ Prepaid Debit Card
BetRivers customer support
To get help from BetRivers, you can select “Help Center” or “Support Chat” from the website or “Support” on the app. BetRivers has representatives available seven days a week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 1 a.m.
You can live chat with an agent or send an email through your BetRivers account. We also suggest checking out the multitude of frequently asked questions that you can find on the support page. Many times you can answer your own question with relative ease. At this time there is not a phone number to call for support.
BetRivers personal limits
BetRivers provides multiple methods to help ensure you are gambling responsibly. You can access all of them by clicking “My Account” and then “Responsible Gaming.” Here are the options:
- Time limits: You can restrict how many hours a day you can be logged into your BetRivers account.
- Spending limits: You can limit how much money you can lose in a single day, week or month.
- Deposit limits: Control the amount of money you can deposit during one day, week or month.
- Self-suspension: Your BetRivers Sportsbook account will close for a length of your choosing. The options range from three to 30 days.
- BetRivers exclusion: This option allows you to shut down your account entirely for either one or three years. Once you choose to go this route, there is no changing your mind.
Can I bet at BetRivers Sportsbook in person in Ohio?
No, BetRivers does not have a retail sportsbook in Ohio, and as of yet there have not been any announced plans for opening one, though that of course could change.
BetRivers vs other Ohio sportsbooks?
BetRivers may not be the best sportsbook in Ohio, but it also is definitely not the worst. Instead, it resides pretty much at the middle of the pack. There are some good things about BetRivers (rewards club, promotional offers, live betting) but nothing truly exceptional to help vault it to the top of the class.
We believe sports betting is a very personalized thing, and it’s one of the reasons we recommend giving BetRivers a try. You might really love the betting tips that the sportsbook provides, for instance. We also like the welcome bonus at BetRivers and believe it offers a good value for anyone who wants to check out the sportsbook.
BetRivers Ohio FAQ
The BetRivers sportsbook bonus code in Ohio is PLAYRIV. You can enter it when opening a new account or when making your first deposit. When you do, BetRivers will match your first deposit dollar for dollar, up to $500.
Yes, you can bet on college sports at BetRivers. However, it’s not yet clear if you will be able to bet on Ohio-based teams like the Ohio State Buckeyes. Some states allow betting on in-state schools, and others do not.
No, BetRivers does not charge a fee when you cash out any funds. You can use PayPal, e-check, online bank transfer or a BetRivers Play+ prepaid debit card to withdraw money.
The only time BetRivers will withhold money for tax purposes is if you win more than $500 AND at least 300 times your wager amount. In that situation, BetRivers automatically withholds 24% of your winnings for federal taxes. This also will be reflected on your W-2G form for that year.
No. However, while you do not need to live in Ohio, you do need to be physically within the state whenever you place a bet or cash out early. Online sportsbooks such as BetRivers use geolocation software to track your location when you’re logged into the app and/or website. Assuming you’re in Ohio, you can bet without a problem. If you’re not in Ohio, though, you won’t be able to wager.
You can start the download process by scrolling to the bottom of the BetRivers website and clicking either the Apple or Android link under the “Download our free app!” header.