Disclaimer: Bally Bet Sportsbook is not available in Ohio. This review is speculative based on the Bally Bet app in states where it is live. This page will be updated when Bally Bet Ohio launches.
Bally Bet Sportsbook is live in six states and could launch in Ohio in the coming months. We expect that when you sign up with Bally Bet Ohio you’ll get a first-bet welcome bonus worth up to $100.
Best Ohio Sportsbook Apps & Bonuses in 2023
Although Bally Bet was not available when sports betting debuted in Ohio in January 2023, we expect Ohio bettors will be excited when it does launch in the state.
Keep reading this Bally Bet Ohio sportsbook review to learn how the $100 welcome bonus works, how you sign up with Bally Bet, the options for depositing and withdrawing money, the betting markets at Bally Bet, and much more.
- User experience: Though setting up a new app always brings its share of growing pains, Bally Bet now offers an easily navigable and functional betting experience on both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Odds: On all of its markets, Bally Bet offers competitive odds, which only get better with Bally Bet’s frequent daily odds boosts and reduced juice lines.
- Promos: Bally Bet offers a robust no-sweat bet welcome bonus, plus an ongoing set of rotating promotions located under a dedicated tab.
- Best Feature: Bally Bet’s customers tend to be most excited about the rotating promos: a constant set of boosts, parlay bonuses and more to reward regular players.
Bally Bet Ohio bonus code for March 2023
You don’t need a special Bally Bet bonus code to claim the Bally Bet sign-up bonus. All you need to do is follow a link from this page to the Bally Bet website. Then, find the “Join Now” button in the upper right of your screen. As long as you do that, you’ll be eligible to claim the $100 first-bet bonus.
|Bally Bet Ohio Promo Code||None|
|Welcome Bonus||Up to $100 no-stress first bet|
|Bonus Terms & Conditions||• Refund comes as one bet credit
• Bet credit expires after seven days
• Credit cannot be applied to futures bets
|Best Feature||Rotating Promos & Odds Boosts|
|Promo Valid as of||March 2023|
Maximizing the Bally Bet welcome offer
The Bally Bet welcome bonus is a no-stress bet: one of the more popular welcome bonuses at major sportsbooks these days. These promos work by promising to refund your first bet if it loses, up to a predetermined maximum—$100 in this case. That means, for example, that if you were to place an initial bet of $100 on a Cincinnati Bengals moneyline and they lost, you’d receive a $100 refund in Bally Bet bet credit.
This bet credit cannot be withdrawn, but it allows you to place another bet of the same value with no penalty. Note that, in this case, if you receive a bet credit worth $100, you would have to wager it all as one wager rather than divide it into smaller wagers. You must wager it within 7 days of receiving it, or it will expire. You should also note that any winning wagers you place using your bet credit won’t return your original wager; they return only the profit.
Bally Bet Sportsbook Ohio launch
Legal Ohio online sports betting launched on Jan. 1, 2023, at 12:01 a.m. The Ohio Casino Control Commission is in charge of licensing in the state.
There’s no fixed date for Bally Bet to arrive in Ohio, but given the pace with which Bally Bet has been attempting to add states to its repertoire, we believe it’s on the agenda for the near future. When it does launch in Ohio, it will bring the same platform that’s earned fans in six states (Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, New York, and Virginia) and one Canadian province (Ontario).
Getting started at Bally Bet Ohio
Getting set up with an account at Bally Bet Sportsbook in Ohio is easy and quick. Simply follow one of the links on this page to the Bally Bet website, and click the gray “Join Now” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen (indicated by a pen and paper icon).
Once you do that, you’ll be able to fill out the registration form with your personal information (name, birthday, address, email address), new login credentials, and verify your identity with your SSN. Remember, you don’t need to enter a Bally Bet Sportsbook OH promo code to claim the welcome bonus; it’ll apply automatically when you create your account. You must be 21 or older and located in Ohio to sign up and claim the bonus.
Bally Bet mobile app ratings
The BallyBet Sportsbook and Casino app is available on both iOS and Android platforms. The app is easy to navigate and straightforward to use. When you open the app, the majority of your screen will be devoted to “Featured” bets on upcoming games, though you can also toggle over to “Live” bets, which will instead show games currently in play. The bottom of your screen has a toolbar from which you can access your betslip, the casino, the live betting menu and a search function.
The top of your screen has banners displaying current Bally Bet promotions and a sports menu. Customers have reported some bugs and occasional glitching with the app. It’s earned a 2.6 out of 5 on the Apple App Store and 3.4 out of 5 on the Google Play Store.
For us though, it seems to work smoothly! Here’s how we’d rate the Bally Bet Sportsbook app.
- Ease of logging in: 4.2/5 – The app can be slow to boot up, but you can use fingerprint or face ID, and the app opens quickly once you enter your password or use your finger or face to unlock it.
- Ease of placing bets: 4.6/5 – The app has a “Quick Bet” option that allows you to click on a wager from the “Featured” or “Live” menus, input a stake (or tap a preset option like $10, $25, $50 or $100) and place your bet with ease.
- Overall speed: 4.2/5 – Once you’re in the app, navigation is fast, but starting the app up can take some time. This might be a problem if you’re in a rush to place a live bet. A fast internet connection will help.
- Ability to place parlays: 4.8/5 – Placing parlay bets is easiest when you’re including options already in the “Featured” or “Live” menus. All you have to do is tap one line you like (e.g., Browns +200), and then, on the same game or another one, tap another line you like (e.g., Over 43.5), and Bally Bet will automatically combine them into a parlay, with the total return popping up in the “Quick Bet” option at the bottom of your screen.
- Ability to place single-game parlays: 4.6/5 – As above, placing SGPs is easy. Just tap lines to add them to your parlay and tap them again to remove them. The only difficulty can be including a line that can’t be found on the “Featured” menu.
- Overall (4.4/5): While customers have reported their fair share of bugs and glitching (leading to a low rating score on both app stores) the app is well-organized. Provided you don’t run into any unforeseen issues, it’s quick and easy to place a bet, check your bet slip and take advantage of a promotion.
Bally Bet Sportsbook vs. Caesars Sportsbook
With so many sportsbook apps available in Ohio, any smart sports bettor should compare them, assess the pros and cons and make informed choices. Here’s a quick breakdown of how we think Bally Bet Sportsbook compares to Caesars Sportsbook Ohio, another major player.
|Single Game Parlays||Yes||Yes|
|Top Benefit||Daily boosts||Welcome bonus & promos|
|What's Lacking?||App issues||Protected bets promos|
|App Rating||2.6/5, 3.4/5||4.3 to 4.6/5 (depends on state)|
While both apps deliver similar services—you can make single game parlays on both, for instance—Caesars edges the comparison overall on the simple basis that its app receives far more positive reviews. Conversely, Bally Bet has been dogged by reports of glitches and limited functionality. Nonetheless, the Bally Bet app does appear to have made significant strides, making it all the more competitive as an option for Ohio bettors.
Live betting at Bally Bet Ohio Sportsbook
Bally Bet has made live betting a major element of its platform, with a whole live betting menu available on the home page of the mobile app. There, you can find mobile betting on football, basketball, baseball, tennis, soccer and more. On the average Cincinnati Bengals game, for instance, you’ll find live bets of all types, including the following ones.
- Moneylines: Bet on the overall winner of the game.
- Points spreads: Bet on the winner of the game, taking into account the margin of victory.
- Totals: Bet on how many points will be scored in the game.
- Props: Bet on smaller outcomes within the game, like how many points a given player will score.
Outside of the live betting menu, you’ll also find other standard bet types.
- Futures: Bet on an outcome further into the future, (e.g., wagering on the eventual winner of the Super Bowl or the Stanley Cup at the beginning of the season).
- Parlays: Combine multiple wagers into one overall bet in exchange for higher odds.
- Teasers: Trade “points” in exchange for different odds.
Banking, customer service and setting limits at Bally Bet Sportsbook
How to add funds or cash out
Bally Bet online sportsbook in Ohio has four available deposit methods and three available withdrawal methods. This isn’t ideal. We hope the options will expand in the future. For the four deposit methods — Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Maestro — the minimum deposit is $10, and they process instantly.
For the two withdrawal options — ACH/Instant eCheck and Play+ Card — the minimum is also $10, though it may take up to five business days to process your withdrawal.
How to contact Bally Bet customer service in Ohio
In general, Bally Bet’s customer service is fairly robust, with customers reporting fast response times. There are a few options for contacting them.
- Email: [email protected]
- Live chat, available 24/7 on the Bally Bet site
- Phone: 844 844 3238
- Twitter: @BallyBet
How to set limits at Bally Bet
If you scroll to the bottom of the Bally Bet sports betting site, you’ll see a link to its Responsible Gaming page. There, you’ll see an explanation of all of their various responsible gaming measures and links to activate each of them. These include setting personal limits on either time, money or deposit frequency. Players can also declare a time-out period (play break) or an extended time-out. Most drastically, you can close your account entirely.
Bally Bet betting locations and partnerships
Bally Bet, like many major sportsbooks, has sought out partnerships to broaden its appeal and boost its offerings. Here is a list of Bally Bet’s major partnerships and what they entail.
- MLB/NHL/NBA/WNBA: Bally Bet is an “Authorized Gaming Operator” for all these leagues, which allows Bally Bet to use official branding and involves other marketing benefits. There’s no Bally Bet location provided as part of this partnership.
- Nashville Predators: Bally Bet is an Official Sports Betting Partner and the Official Free-to-Play Partner of the Nashville Predators and Bridgestone Arena. This includes marketing and branding benefits along with a “Smashville Selector” free-to-play contest for Predators fans. There is no Bally Bet retail sportsbook at Bridgestone Arena.
- New York Yankees: As of August 2022, Bally Bet is an Official Sports Betting Partner of the New York Yankees. This partnership does not provide for retail Bally Bet betting at Yankee Stadium, but it includes branding on the outfield wall lining the playing field, field-facing walls on the Main Level bars in left and right field, the Terrace Level ribbon board and LED boards throughout the Great Hall.
- Phoenix Mercury (WNBA): Since July 1, 2021, Bally Bet has been the exclusive sports betting partner of the Phoenix Mercury WNBA franchise. This gives Bally Bet the right to access the online and mobile betting market in Arizona. Bally also hopes to soon establish a retail betting presence in Downtown Phoenix in the vicinity of the Mercury’s
- Cleveland Browns: In April of 2022, Bally Bet inked a partnership deal with the Cleveland Browns to become an Official Sports Betting Partner of the franchise. Pending the acquisition of the necessary licensing, this should lead to several fan-facing developments. Alongside branding opportunities and a free-to-play predictor game for Ohio-based fans, the crown jewel of this partnership is the eventual creation of a Bally Bet-branded sports betting lounge at Cleveland’s FirstEnergy Stadium.
- Bally’s Casino: There are Bally Bet sportsbooks located at several Bally’s Casino locations across the United States, including the following sites.
- Bally’s Twin River Lincoln (Lincoln, RI)
- Bally’s Dover (Dover, DE)
- Bally’s Tiverton (Tiverton, RI)
- Bally’s Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS)
- Bally’s Lake Tahoe (Stateline, NV)
- Bally’s Evansville (Evansville, IN)
Bally Bet Ohio FAQs
What is the Ohio Bally Bet promo code in March 2023?
You won’t need a Bally Bet Sportsbook promo code to claim the Bally Bet bonus offer worth up to $100. Open an account and you’ll automatically be eligible to claim the $100 no-stress bet sign-up offer.
Do I have to use the app to bet with Bally Bet online?
No, but you can. Bally Bet has both a mobile (iOS and Android) and a desktop interface, so you can bet from your computer or your mobile device.
Can I trust Bally Bet Sportsbook Ohio?
Yes, you can. Bally Bet is a licensed sportsbook, meaning it has to comply with all kinds of regulations and oversight from government authorities. In Ohio, it will need to be licensed and regulated by the Ohio Casino Control Commission before it comes online, so you can rest easy that your payment information, personal data, and money are all secure.
What is the minimum age to bet in Ohio?
To play with Bally Bet Ohio, you must verify that you’re at least 21 years old. You also must have geolocation enabled if you’re betting from a mobile device.
Does Bally Bet offer odds boosts?
Yes, it offers daily odds boosts. You can find the odds boosts — along with parlay boosts and more bonuses — under the “Promotions” tab on the Bally Bet homepage.
What is the minimum deposit at Bally Bet?
The Bally Bet minimum deposit is $10. You can use Visa, Mastercard, Discover or Maestro to deposit. Your deposits should process instantly.