FanDuel Sportsbooks Ohio Review
Disclaimer: FanDuel Sportsbook is not yet online in Ohio. This review is speculative based on FanDuel’s offering in other states and will be updated once it launches in Ohio.
With FanDuel Sportsbook’s entrance into the Ohio sports betting scene, you’ll soon be able to bet with one of the top oddsmakers in the US. And when you sign up, your first bet will be risk-free for up to $1,000 thanks to FanDuel’s welcome bonus.
This page covers the key basic information about FanDuel in Ohio, including creating an account and depositing money into it to wager with, what you can bet on once you’ve done that and where to find advice on gambling responsibly. We’ll also go over the promotions the sportsbook offers, including the risk-free bet you can claim when you sign up.
When will FanDuel Sportsbook launch in Ohio?
January 1, 2023, appears to be the earliest that FanDuel Sportsbook will launch in Ohio.
On December 22, 2021, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed House Bill 29 into law. The bill passed through the House and Senate with overwhelming majorities (31-1 and 72-12), suggesting the political desire to harness online gambling is stronger now than ever.
The law sets out a time frame for sportsbooks to launch, a schedule for the Ohio Casino Control Commission to draw up detailed regulations, and a limit of 25 sports betting licenses to be granted.
FanDuel is almost certainly going to be one of the first sportsbooks to get a license. They’re the second-largest app in the country and have a wealth of experience preparing to expand to newly-regulated states.
While there always remains a possibility of a sooner launch date, the Ohio Casino Control Commission deputy commissioner has stated that they intend to use all of 2022 to make preparations, claiming “we have a year, and we do feel a year is needed.”
We will continue to update this page as we learn more about FanDuel Sportsbook’s Ohio launch.
FanDuel promo code Ohio 2022
To be eligible for FanDuel’s welcome bonus of a risk-free first bet, create an account at the sportsbook. Then, after you make a deposit, if your first bet loses, you will receive a refund for the amount of your bet. The refund arrives as site credit, which you can wager like cash.
|Online Sportsbook||FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio|
|FanDuel Ohio Promo Code||Click to Claim Promo|
|Risk Free bet||100% for a max of $1,000|
|Online Since||2021 in Ohio|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
FanDuel welcome bonus — the fine print!
Should your first bet lose, the refund you receive can be for up to $1,000 in site credit. From the time it hits your account, you’ll have 14 days to wager with it.
The site credit is what makes this and most other FanDuel promotions stand out. The majority of sportsbooks with offers like this issue free bets as refunds. Let’s look at why FanDuel’s site credit is a better deal, using a first wager of $100 for both.
- Free bets: Your refund likely arrives as a $100 free bet. So you get to place just that one wager, and if it wins, you just receive the winnings. You do not receive the free bet amount back.
- Site credit: You essentially have $100 to bet however you want. You still could place a $100 bet, but now, if you win, you receive your winnings plus the amount you wagered in site credit back. And you don’t have to use it all for one wager, either. You can break it up into multiple wagers if you wish.
How does FanDuel’s welcome bonus stack up?
It stacks up well, for the reasons we outlined above. Just make sure there are enough sports that you’re interested in betting on in the two weeks after you get signed up. Any leftover site credits after those 14 days will expire. And, of course, if you win your first bet the bonus does not come into play.
Can I trust FanDuel Sportsbook?
Yes, FanDuel is a trustworthy sportsbook. Prior to going live in Ohio, it had already launched online sportsbooks in at least 10 other states. In addition, it’s a legal daily fantasy sports provider in multiple states, Ohio included.
FanDuel also would not have received a sports wagering license in the Buckeye State if Ohio regulators were not satisfied with its business practices and sportsbook operations as a whole.
Ohio sports betting rules and regulations
While you do not have to live in Ohio to sign up with FanDuel, you will need to be within state lines to make any wagers. You also must be of legal age to bet on sports in Ohio. And we’ll need to wait to see how the state handles wagering on college sports. Some states do not allow college prop bets or wagers on individual college players, and others do not allow any wagers involving in-state schools.
Getting started at FanDuel Sportsbook in Ohio
You can sign up remotely at FanDuel using a smartphone, computer or tablet. From the FanDuel sign-up page, select Ohio from the list of states. Next you will either fill out the required fields, or, if you already have a FanDuel DFS account, you will choose that option and sign in. If you’re new to FanDuel, you’ll need to enter the following details:
- Name (first and last)
- Address (doesn’t need to be in Ohio)
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
The only other requirements are choosing a username, coming up with a password and confirming that you’re of legal age. From beginning to end, signing up will take only a minute or two.
How do I download the FanDuel app?
The FanDuel Sportsbook app is available for Apple and Android phones and tablets. Here are instructions for how to download the app for each:
How to download the FanDuel iOS app
- Using your iPad or iPhone, head to FanDuel’s website.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on “Sportsbook (iOS)” located underneath the “FanDuel Apps” header.
- The Apple App Store will open to the FanDuel Sportsbook app page.
- Select “Get,” and once the app finishes installing, you can use it.
How to download the FanDuel Android app
- Using your Android tablet or smartphone, head to FanDuel’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the “FanDuel Apps” header and click the one labeled “Sportsbook (Android).”
- The Google Play Store will launch and open to the page with the correct FanDuel Sportsbook app.
The final step is merely choosing “Install” and waiting a few seconds for the app to download and install on your device.
Where do I find FanDuel promotions?
FanDuel’s promotions are available under the “Promotions” header at the top of the website or by selecting the “Promos” button near the top of the app.
Does FanDuel Sportsbook offer odds boosts?
Yes, FanDuel has daily odds boosts that you can find by selecting the yellow “Boosts” button. You will see what the odds for the bet in question were and what they have risen to. The maximum you can wager on boosted bets at FanDuel is $50. Learn how odds boosts work here.
How do parlay insurance promos work at FanDuel?
There are a couple of different parlay insurance promos at FanDuel. The best ones give you a refund of up to $10 if your regular or same-game parlay of three legs or more loses, regardless of how many legs you get wrong. These deals are not available too often.
The other parlay promo refunds you up to $25 if exactly one leg of your regular or same-game parlay fails. Read the terms for each specific offer because there are requirements for individual leg odds and overall odds. Each refund will be in site credit.
Why should I choose the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
Here are three of our top reasons for choosing FanDuel Sportsbook in Ohio:
- Quality promotions: While it’s impossible to measure which sportsbook has the best promos for all situations, FanDuel is up there, right along with or even ahead of PointsBet and DraftKings. Providing bonus funds as site credit and just having quality offers is what helps separate FanDuel.
- Same-game parlays: FanDuel is one of a handful of oddsmakers that allows you to make same-game parlays for the NFL, the NBA and MLB. While that’s good, FanDuel’s diverse betting options for same-game parlays are even better.
- DFS integration: Even in state with legal sports betting, daily fantasy sports remains relevant. With FanDuel, you can have one account for your sports and DFS betting. And with separate apps, it is easy to keep track of your sportsbook and DFS wagers.
What won’t I like about the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
And here are three areas where we would like to see FanDuel improve:
- No loyalty club: The promotions at FanDuel are great, but that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t also love a rewards program. No. 1 rival DraftKings has a quality rewards program that works across its sportsbook and DFS sites.
- No parlay builder: The betting options at FanDuel are great, but it is disappointing that there is not some type of easy parlay builder. Instead, if you’re looking to place a parlay bet, you need to click back and forth among the various sports you want to wager on.
- Limited odds boosts: The odd boosts at FanDuel are usually fairly good. Unfortunately, it’s common to see only two to four boosts available each day. Meanwhile, hardly a day goes by that Caesars Sportsbook doesn’t have a dozen or more daily odds boosts. And even better, its maximum bet for the wagers is $100, not $50 like at FanDuel.
What kind of bets can I make at FanDuel?
FanDuel lets you place moneyline, point-spread and over/under bets, along with a plethora of props and futures and various parlay-style wagers. Here is how FanDuel will display standard odds, and then we’ll go over how each of the bets works:
|Cleveland Browns||-3 (-105)||-146||Over 45.5 (-110)|
|Cincinnati Bengals||+3 (-120)||+124||Under 45.5 (-110)|
Moneyline, spread and over/under betting at FanDuel
This trio of bets is what you’ll see on most of the main pages at FanDuel. Moneyline wagers are for when you just want to bet on which team you think will win. Here, the Browns betting odds make them slight favorites — you can tell because their odds is a negative number. Moneyline odds of -146 mean that if you bet $146 and win, you’ll make $100 in profit. The Bengals betting odds of +124 mean a $100 wager would result in a $124 profit if correct.
Spread betting means your selection needs to cover the spread. A -3 spread means three points will be subtracted from Cleveland’s total. Thus the Browns have to win by four points or more. A +3 spread means Cincinnati’s total will get three additional points, so the Bengals will cover if they lose by two or points or fewer, or if they win by any amount
Totals bets, or over/unders, are wagers on the total combined score of both teams. If Cleveland wins 28-25, over bets would win because 28+25=53, and that’s over 45.5 points.
Prop betting at FanDuel
When you click on an individual contest at FanDuel, all the available prop bets will appear. Props are merely wagers on a particular aspect of a game, like whether a player will hit a home run (baseball), score a touchdown (football) or record a triple-double (basketball).
When you click on a specific league at FanDuel, you will see headers at the top if there are futures wagers available for that league. For instance, clicking “MLB” will show that there are baseball futures for the next World Series winner, league winners, division winners and player futures. For individual players, you’ll be able to wager on the MVP and Cy Young for both leagues.
Parlays and more
At FanDuel you can create parlay, teaser and round robin bets. As an example of a parlay, suppose you choose four football spread bets, all with -110 odds. A parlay groups all of them into a single wager. Your odds for this four-leg parlay would be +1228, and a $10 bet would win around $122.80. If you get any of the single games incorrect, though, you win nothing.
Maybe you wish the betting lines for the games were a little more favorable, so you choose a teaser, instead. You choose the “+4 points” option, which adjusts the line for all four bets by four points in your favor. It also lowers the odds to +333. A $10 bet now results in a $33 profit, and you still need to get all four bets right.
If you want some more wiggle room, you can choose a round robin. You’ll see options for “By 2’s x6” and “By 3’s x4.” The first selection means you’ll make six two-game parlays, the second means four three-game parlays. Either way, if one of your selections misses, now you’ll still win some money.
Live betting at FanDuel
By clicking the “Live Now” header, you can see every game that is in progress that you can bet on at FanDuel. With live betting, odds will change much more rapidly than is the case with pregame wagering. Just like pregame betting, you can click on each game and see all your available betting choices. There also will be a video animation keeping you up to date with what is happening in that particular game.
Can I bet on the Guardians at FanDuel Ohio?
Yes, FanDuel has a variety of betting options for all Cleveland Guardians games and for the rest of Major League Baseball. Here are just a few of the baseball-specific wagers you can make at FanDuel:
- MLB same-game parlays: With same-game parlays, you can combine multiple bets from one game. For example, you could bet on Cleveland to win, the over to hit, José Ramírez to homer and the game to be tied after the first inning.
- Innings bets: FanDuel has markets for what will transpire in every inning. You can wager on which team will win, the over/under, the correct score and even whether an inning will have an odd or even number of runs scored.
- Race to: Wager on which team will reach a certain run total first. At FanDuel, the options usually range from two to seven runs. If you don’t think either team will reach a certain total, you can select the “neither” option.
- Winning margins: You can wager on the Guardians to win by one to three runs, four or more runs or exactly two runs, for example.
- Hits and runs: You can wager on players to get hits or homer during games, as well. There also are prebuilt two-leg parlays that allow you to wager on one player to homer and that player’s team to win the game.
How do I get money on (and off!) FanDuel Sportsbook quickly?
These are your current options for putting money into and taking money out of your FanDuel account:
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Visa or Mastercard Credit or Debit Card||$10||Instant|
|Online Bank Transfer||$10||Instant|
|FanDuel Prepaid Play+ Card||$10||Instant|
|FanDuel Gift Card||$10||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|PayPal||No Minimum||Up to 48 Hours|
|Online Bank Transfer||No Minimum||2-4 Days|
|Check by the Mail||No Minimum||7-10 Days|
How do I get help at FanDuel Sportsbook?
To get help at FanDuel, start by logging in to your account and clicking on the account logo near the top of the page. Then select “Help & Support.”
From that page, you can select from different categories to try to solve your problem on your own. You also can scroll to the bottom of the page and choose “Submit a Ticket,” which means you’ll essentially send an email. And our final option is clicking the blue “Support” button in the lower right corner. This is a chat bot, but if it is not able to solve your problem, it will direct you to a FanDuel representative to help you.
How do I exclude myself from FanDuel?
To exclude yourself or set limits on your FanDuel account, begin by logging into the sportsbook. Next, click on your account icon and then choose “Responsible Gaming.”
The page that opens will give you options to set different user limits:
- Deposit limits
- Contest entry alert
- Contest entry limit
- Maximum entry fee limit
- Wager limit
- Maximum wager size limit
- Time limit
Below that you’ll find the option to take a timeout or for self-exclusion. The timeout option lets you shut down your FanDuel account for between three and 365 days. Self-exclusion gives you the choice of closing your account for one, three or five years. While you cannot change this once you’ve submitted it, you still are able to withdraw funds after doing so.
Can I bet with FanDuel Sportsbook in person?
No, FanDuel does not have a retail sportsbook in the Buckeye State as of yet. If FanDuel were to open an in-person sportsbook, you obviously would be able to bet at that location. But remember, with the FanDuel app, you can bet from anywhere in Ohio, so your phone essentially can turn any sports bar into a sportsbook.
How does FanDuel compare to other Ohio sportsbooks?
While competitors such as DraftKings sportsbook, BetMGM, PointsBet and Caesars are also in the discussion, FanDuel is a strong contender for the overall No. 1 online sportsbook in Ohio. It offers a good welcome bonus, solid promotions and overall quality odds. FanDuel also has just as many, if not more, betting options than most other sportsbooks in the state.
So, if you’re going to join just one sportsbook, FanDuel would be a solid choice. And if you’re planning on having multiple sportsbook accounts, there is no reason that FanDuel shouldn’t be one of them.
Yes, bets with the appropriate symbol are eligible for early cash-out at FanDuel. The symbol (which looks like a dollar bill with an arrow pointing up out of it) will be visible in your bet slip and sometimes next to the bets themselves. To cash out a bet early, simply go to your bets and choose the cash-out feature.
You have three options: PayPal, an online bank transfer or receiving a check in the mail. PayPal is the fastest option, taking up to 48 hours. Online bank transfers can take between two and four days. And having a check mailed to you can take upward of 10 days.
You can to a limited extent. FanDuel currently is licensed and operational in 10 other states: New Jersey, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Colorado, Tennessee, Virginia and Michigan. If you’re in any of those states the FanDuel app will allow you to legally bet on sports. You will be subject to the sports betting laws of that state.
Both FanDuel and DraftKings are great online sportsbooks. However, at FanDuel you can place same-game parlays, and FanDuel pays out refunds and promotions in site credit. Most DraftKings offers pay out in free bets. Site credit is a better deal and easier to wager than free bets.
No. If you already have a FanDuel Fantasy account, you can use that DFS account to get your sportsbook account. Money from both accounts is available to place sports bets and enter DFS contests.