FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio – $3,000 Welcome Offer
With FanDuel Sportsbook’s entrance into the Ohio sports betting scene, you can now place your bets with one of the top oddsmakers in the US. Sign up and claim your FanDuel Sportsbook bonus of up to $3,000 today. You do not need a FanDuel sportsbook promo code to activate the offer. Keep reading to find out precisely how it works.
This page also covers the key basic information about FanDuel Sportsbook in Ohio, including creating an account and depositing money into it to wager with, what you can bet on once you’ve done that and where to find advice on gambling responsibly.
We’ll also go over the promotions the sportsbook offers, which of course includes that FanDuel $3,000 welcome bonus you can claim as a new user.
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
FanDuel Sportsbook promo code and sign-up bonus for Ohio
FanDuel offers new users a simple and effective welcome bonus. Simply sign-up with FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio, deposit, and make your first bet. If you bet loses, FanDuel Sportsbook pays you back in bonus bets for your losses. No FanDuel Ohio promo code is necessary to activate this offer.
|FanDuel Ohio Promo Code||Click to claim promo|
|Welcome Bonus||No Sweat First Bet up to $3,000|
|Terms & Conditions||• Get a refund if your first bet loses
• Refund given as bonus bets, not cash
|Retail Partner||Belterra Park Racino in Cincinnati|
|Launch Date||Jan. 1, 2023|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
How to get the welcome bonus on FanDuel
The FanDuel welcome bonus is very straightforward. Simply sign up for your FanDuel Sportsbook account and make a deposit. No FanDuel promo code is needed for either step. Then make your first wager. Hopefully, it wins, but if not you get a refund of sorts. That’s because FanDuel Ohio pays you back your losses, up to $3,000, in the form of bonus bets.
You can’t withdraw bonus bets, but you can use them to make whatever bets you want.
These bonus bets are what make this and most other FanDuel Sportsbook promotions stand out. The majority of sportsbooks with offers like this issue individual bet amounts as bonuses. Let’s look at why FanDuel’s bonus bets are a better deal, using $200 in bonus bets as an example.
- At other sportsbooks: Here you get to place just one wager.
- FanDuel Ohio: You essentially have $200 to bet however you want. You still could place a $200 bet, but now, if now you can break it up into multiple wagers if you wish. FanDuel simply gives you much more power and control of your bonus bets.
Again, there is no FanDuel bonus code required when signing up or depositing to activate this offer.
How does FanDuel’s welcome bonus stack up?
It stacks up well, for the reasons we outlined above. Just make sure there are enough sports that you’re interested in betting on in the two weeks after you get signed up. Any leftover bonus bets after those 14 days will expire.
Is FanDuel sportsbook legit?
Yes, FanDuel is a trustworthy sportsbook. Prior to going live in Ohio, it had already launched online sportsbooks in 20 other states. In addition, it’s a legal daily fantasy sports provider in most states, Ohio included.
FanDuel would not have received a sports betting license in the Buckeye State (or other states where it’s live, for the matter) if regulators were not satisfied with its business practices and sportsbook operations as a whole.
The Ohio Casino Control Commission issues licenses and regulates online sportsbooks in the state. For licensing purposes, FanDuel partnered with the Belterra Park Racino in Cincinnati. We expect a FanDuel retail sportsbook to arrive at Belterra soon as well.
Ohio sports betting rules and regulations
While you do not have to live in Ohio to have an account, you do need to be within state lines to make any wagers. You also must be of legal age to bet on sports in Ohio.
Unlike some other states, Ohio regulators have not put significant restrictions on betting on college sports. So you can bet on your favorite Ohio college teams alongside other events in the FanDuel sportsbook app.
This Week at FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio – Jan. 30-Feb. 5
FanDuel has no shortage of action this week, and even the most disappointed Bengals fans will find something interesting, whether or not they’re feeling ready to turn their attention to FanDuel’s suite of Super Bowl Betting options.
If the Super Bowl is calling your name, FanDuel has you more than covered. The game is set for Sunday, February 12, and will see the Kansas City Chiefs take on the Philadelphia Eagles in Glendale, Arizona. At FanDuel, the Eagles opened as 1.5-point favorites, though -118 to cover, and the Chiefs are -104 to cover. The moneyline odds on the game are Philadelphia -126, Kansas City +108, and the over/under is 49.5 points. There are also plenty of props and parlays already available, like the result of the first drive (punt +100, offensive TD +270, FG attempt +340, anything else +500).
You can also find NBA action at FanDuel. The Cavaliers have three games this week, facing the Heat, Grizzlies, and Pacers, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, respectively. You can also find spreads, moneylines, totals, props, parlays, and more on the rest of the action this week (including a big Celtics-Nets game on Wednesday), plus futures odds.
Outside of football and basketball, FanDuel still has an extensive suite of betting options this week. The Columbus Blue Jackets host the Washington Capitals in the NHL before All-Star Weekend delivers the usual barrage of entertainment — including the beloved skills competition — for hockey fans. The actual All-Star Game is scheduled for 3 p.m. on Saturday.
FanDuel Ohio has some great promos that you can take advantage of this week as well:
- TNT Thursday No Sweat Parlays: This promo gets you a no sweat NBA SGP or SGP+ for the two NBA on TNT games on Thursday. This week, that means Memphis Grizzlies at Cleveland Cavaliers and LA Clippers at Milwaukee Bucks.
- Odds Boosts: Each day at FanDuel you’ll find a few select boosted bets. For example, on Monday you could get Kyrie Irving and Steph Curry to each score 20+ points and each make 3+ three boosted from -135 to +110.
- Super Bowl Promos: The Super Bowl is still more than a week away, but you get qualified now for the FanDuel Kick of Destiny, where you can win FanDuel bonus bets if Rob Gronkowski successfully kicks a field goal during FanDuel’s Super Bowl commercial.
Signing up at FanDuel Ohio
You can sign up remotely at FanDuel Sportsbook using a smartphone, computer or tablet. From the FanDuel sign-up page, select Ohio from the list of states. Next you will either fill out the required fields, or, if you already have a FanDuel DFS account, you will choose that option and sign in. If you’re new to FanDuel, you’ll need to enter the following details:
- Name (first and last)
- Address (doesn’t need to be in Ohio)
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
The only other requirements are choosing a username, coming up with a password and confirming that you’re of legal age. From beginning to end, signing up will take only a minute or two.
The FanDuel sports betting app
The FanDuel Sportsbook app is available for Apple and Android phones and tablets. Here are instructions for how to download the app for each:
How to download the FanDuel iOS app
- Using your iPad or iPhone, head to FanDuel’s website.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on “Sportsbook (iOS)” located underneath the “FanDuel Apps” header.
- The Apple App Store will open to the FanDuel Sportsbook app page.
- Select “Get,” and once the app finishes installing, you can use it.
How to download the FanDuel Android app
- Using your Android tablet or smartphone, head to FanDuel’s website.
- Scroll down until you see the “FanDuel Apps” header and click the one labeled “Sportsbook (Android).”
- The Google Play Store will launch and open to the page with the correct FanDuel Sportsbook app.
The final step is merely choosing “Install” and waiting a few seconds for the app to download and install on your device.
When did FanDuel Sportsbook arrive in Ohio?
January 1, 2023 saw FanDuel online sportsbook become legally available to bettors in Ohio. For licensing purposes, FanDuel is partnered with Belterra Park Racino on the outskirts of Cincinnati.
On December 22, 2021, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed House Bill 29 into law. The bill passed through the House and Senate with overwhelming majorities (31-1 and 72-12). It took about a year to get all the ducks in a row, but the wait is over as online sports betting is now up and running in the state!
FanDuel’s promotions are available under the “Promotions” header at the top of the website or by selecting the “Promos” button near the top of the app.
Odds boosts at FanDuel
FanDuel has daily odds boosts that you can find by selecting the yellow “Boosts” button. You will see what the odds for the bet in question were and what they have risen to. The maximum you can wager on boosted bets at FanDuel is $50. Learn how odds boosts work here.
How do parlay insurance promos work at FanDuel?
There are a couple of different parlay insurance promos at FanDuel. The best ones give you a refund of up to $10 if your regular or same-game parlay of three legs or more loses, regardless of how many legs you get wrong. These deals are not available too often.
The other parlay promo refunds you up to $25 if exactly one leg of your regular or same-game parlay fails. Read the terms for each specific offer because there are requirements for individual leg odds and overall odds. Each refund will be in site credit.
Reasons to choose the FanDuel betting app in Ohio
Here are three of our top reasons for choosing FanDuel Sportsbook in Ohio:
- Quality promotions: While it’s impossible to measure which sportsbook has the best promos for all situations, FanDuel is up there, right along with or even ahead of PointsBet and DraftKings. Providing bonus funds as site credit and just having quality offers is what helps separate FanDuel.
- Same-game parlays: FanDuel is one of a handful of oddsmakers that allows you to make same-game parlays for the NFL, the NBA and MLB. While that’s good, FanDuel’s diverse betting options for same-game parlays are even better.
- DFS integration: Even in state with legal sports betting, daily fantasy sports remains relevant. With FanDuel, you can have one account for your sports and DFS betting. And with separate apps, it is easy to keep track of your sportsbook and DFS wagers.
Things we’d change about the FanDuel app
And here are three areas where we would like to see FanDuel improve:
- No loyalty club: The promotions at FanDuel are great, but that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t also love a rewards program. No. 1 rival DraftKings has a quality rewards program that works across its sportsbook and DFS sites.
- No parlay builder: The betting options at FanDuel are great, but it is disappointing that there is not some type of easy parlay builder. Instead, if you’re looking to place a parlay bet, you need to click back and forth among the various sports you want to wager on.
- Limited odds boosts: The odd boosts at FanDuel are usually fairly good. Unfortunately, it’s common to see only two to four boosts available each day. Meanwhile, hardly a day goes by that Caesars Sportsbook doesn’t have a dozen or more daily odds boosts. And even better, its maximum bet for the wagers is $100, not $50 like at FanDuel.
Betting markets at FanDuel
FanDuel lets you place moneyline, point-spread and over/under bets, along with a plethora of props and futures and various parlay-style wagers. Here is how FanDuel Ohio Sportsbook will display standard odds, and then we’ll go over how each of the bets works:
|Cleveland Browns||-3 (-105)||-146||Over 45.5 (-110)|
|Cincinnati Bengals||+3 (-120)||+124||Under 45.5 (-110)|
Moneyline, spread and over/under betting at FanDuel
This trio of bets is what you’ll see on most of the main pages at FanDuel. Moneyline wagers are for when you just want to bet on which team you think will win. Here, the Browns betting odds make them slight favorites — you can tell because their odds is a negative number. Moneyline odds of -146 mean that if you bet $146 and win, you’ll make $100 in profit. The Bengals betting odds of +124 mean a $100 wager would result in a $124 profit if correct.
Spread betting means your selection needs to cover the spread. A -3 spread means three points will be subtracted from Cleveland’s total. Thus the Browns have to win by four points or more. A +3 spread means Cincinnati’s total will get three additional points, so the Bengals will cover if they lose by two or points or fewer, or if they win by any amount
Totals bets, or over/unders, are wagers on the total combined score of both teams. If Cleveland wins 28-25, over bets would win because 28+25=53, and that’s over 45.5 points.
Prop betting at FanDuel sports betting
When you click on an individual contest at FanDuel, all the available prop bets will appear. Props are merely wagers on a particular aspect of a game, like whether a player will hit a home run (baseball), score a touchdown (football) or record a triple-double (basketball).
When you click on a specific league at FanDuel, you will see headers at the top if there are futures wagers available for that league. For instance, clicking “MLB” will show that there are baseball futures for the next World Series winner, league winners, division winners and player futures. For individual players, you’ll be able to wager on the MVP and Cy Young for both leagues.
Parlays and more
At FanDuel you can create parlay, teaser and round robin bets. As an example of a parlay, suppose you choose four football spread bets, all with -110 odds. A parlay groups all of them into a single wager. Your odds for this four-leg parlay would be +1228, and a $10 bet would win around $122.80. If you get any of the single games incorrect, though, you win nothing.
Maybe you wish the betting lines for the games were a little more favorable, so you choose a teaser, instead. You choose the “+4 points” option, which adjusts the line for all four bets by four points in your favor. It also lowers the odds to +333. A $10 bet now results in a $33 profit, and you still need to get all four bets right.
If you want some more wiggle room, you can choose a round robin. You’ll see options for “By 2’s x6” and “By 3’s x4.” The first selection means you’ll make six two-game parlays, the second means four three-game parlays. Either way, if one of your selections misses, now you’ll still win some money.
Live betting at FanDuel
By clicking the “Live Now” header, you can see every game that is in progress that you can bet on at FanDuel. With live betting, odds will change much more rapidly than is the case with pregame wagering. Just like pregame betting, you can click on each game and see all your available betting choices. There also will be a video animation keeping you up to date with what is happening in that particular game.
Betting on the Cleveland Guardians at FanDuel
Like with all the big sporting leagues and events, FanDuel has a variety of betting options for all Cleveland Guardians games and for the rest of Major League Baseball. Here are just a few of the baseball-specific wagers you can make at FanDuel:
- MLB same-game parlays: With same-game parlays, you can combine multiple bets from one game. For example, you could bet on Cleveland to win, the over to hit, José Ramírez to homer and the game to be tied after the first inning.
- Innings bets: FanDuel has markets for what will transpire in every inning. You can wager on which team will win, the over/under, the correct score and even whether an inning will have an odd or even number of runs scored.
- Race to: Wager on which team will reach a certain run total first. At FanDuel, the options usually range from two to seven runs. If you don’t think either team will reach a certain total, you can select the “neither” option.
- Winning margins: You can wager on the Guardians to win by one to three runs, four or more runs or exactly two runs, for example.
- Hits and runs: You can wager on players to get hits or homer during games, as well. There also are prebuilt two-leg parlays that allow you to wager on one player to homer and that player’s team to win the game.
Banking at FanDuel
FanDuel has a variety of options for getting your funds on and off the app.
Most of the deposit methods tend to be instant. The minimum deposit is $10. Your deposit options include
- Visa or Mastercard (credit or debit card)
- Online Bank Transfer
- FanDuel Prepaid Play+ Card
- FanDuel Gift Card
- Wire Transfer
There is no minimum amount to withdraw. It can take a bit longer to process. Check by mail takes the longest of the option below. You should expect to wait 7-10 days on average.
Here are the ways to withdraw your bankroll from FanDuel:
- Online Bank Transfer
- Check by Mail
At this point it is unclear if you will be able to fund your FanDuel online account in-person. However, if you are it will likely be at Belterra Park, the licensing partner of Fanduel in Ohio. Check with Fanduel and/or Belterra Park before making a special trip in hopes of funding your account:
- Belterra Park Gaming & Entertainment. 6301 Kellogg Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45230
FanDuel customer support
To get help at FanDuel, start by logging in to your account and clicking on the account logo near the top of the page. Then select “Help & Support.”
From that page, you can select from different categories to try to solve your problem on your own. You also can scroll to the bottom of the page and choose “Submit a Ticket,” which means you’ll essentially send an email. And our final option is clicking the blue “Support” button in the lower right corner. This is a chat bot, but if it is not able to solve your problem, it will direct you to a FanDuel representative to help you.
Self-exclusion at FanDuel Ohio
To exclude yourself or set limits on your FanDuel account, begin by logging into the sportsbook. Next, click on your account icon and then choose “Responsible Gaming.”
The page that opens will give you options to set different user limits:
- Deposit limits
- Contest entry alert
- Contest entry limit
- Maximum entry fee limit
- Wager limit
- Maximum wager size limit
- Time limit
Below that you’ll find the option to take a timeout or for self-exclusion. The timeout option lets you shut down your FanDuel account for between three and 365 days. Self-exclusion gives you the choice of closing your account for one, three or five years. While you cannot change this once you’ve submitted it, you still are able to withdraw funds after doing so.
Can I bet with FanDuel Sportsbook in person in Ohio?
No, FanDuel does not have a retail sportsbook in the Buckeye State as of yet. If FanDuel were to open an in-person sportsbook, it would likely be at its licensing partner — Belterra Park Gaming & Entertainment, in Cincinatti.
Remember, with the FanDuel app you can bet from anywhere in Ohio, so your phone essentially can turn any sports bar into a sportsbook.
FanDuel vs other Ohio sportsbooks?
While competitors such as DraftKings, BetMGM, PointsBet and Caesars are also in the discussion, FanDuel is a strong contender for the overall No. 1 online sportsbook in Ohio. It offers a good welcome bonus, solid promotions and overall quality odds. FanDuel also has just as many, if not more, betting options than most other sportsbooks in the state.
So, if you’re going to join just one sportsbook, FanDuel would be a solid choice. And if you’re planning on having multiple sportsbook accounts, there is no reason that FanDuel shouldn’t be one of them.
FanDuel Ohio FAQ
FanDuel Ohio does not require a promo code to claim the top welcome bonus of a no sweat bet for up to $3,000. Sign up with FanDuel Ohio here, and then make your first bet. If it loses, you’ll be refunded in FanDuel bonus bets for up to that $3,000 max limit. Full details can be found in the FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio welcome bonus section above.
Yes, bets with the appropriate symbol are eligible for early cash-out at FanDuel. The symbol (which looks like a dollar bill with an arrow pointing up out of it) will be visible in your bet slip and sometimes next to the bets themselves. To cash out a bet early, simply go to your bets and choose the cash-out feature.
You have three options: PayPal, an online bank transfer or receiving a check in the mail. PayPal is the fastest option, taking up to 48 hours. Online bank transfers can take between two and four days. And having a check mailed to you can take upward of 10 days.
You can to a limited extent. FanDuel currently is licensed and operational in numerous other states.. If you’re in one of those states the FanDuel app will allow you to legally bet on sports. You will be subject to the sports betting laws of that state.
Both FanDuel and DraftKings are great online sportsbooks. However, at FanDuel you can place same-game parlays, and FanDuel pays out refunds and promotions in site credit. Most DraftKings offers pay out in individual bonus bets. Site credit is a better deal and easier to wager than individual bets.
Yes. Exact launch date is not currently known, but we expect FanDuel to launch a retail sportsbook at Belterra Park Racino in Cincinnati. FanDuel and Belterra Park are already partnered as part of the licensing process for the online sportsbook.
No. If you already have a FanDuel Fantasy account, you can use that DFS account to get your sportsbook account. Money from both accounts is available to place sports bets and enter DFS contests.