Poker players in Ohio will have a reason to head to Cincinnati this March. Hard Rock Casino Cincinnati will host a major tournament series from March 14-26.
The Cincinnati Poker Open live event series has guaranteed that prize pools will generate $1 million in payouts for the March events. The casino will also hold daily satellites to get into the bigger events.
Millionaire Mystery Bounty and Main Event
The biggest tournament of the Ohio series will be the Main Event from March 22-26. The multi-flight, $1,100 buy-in event will showcase a $500,000 guaranteed prize pool.
Another standout event in the series is the Mystery Bounty event. The event will take place March 16-19. In this style of tournament, mystery prizes are awarded for knocking others out of the tournament.
Mystery bounties will range from $500-$50,000. There will be one prize each of $50,000, $25,000 and $10,000, along with two $5,000 mystery bounties.
Guests will cash their bounties out after they are knocked out of the tournament. Bounties will be sealed and remain closed until a player is paid out.
This is going to be fun! pic.twitter.com/DrODiuEhtf
— Hard Rock Poker Cincinnati (@PokerCincinnati) February 27, 2023
Mystery bounties are a newer trend within the poker universe. When players eliminate someone, they receive an envelope with an unknown prize. Mystery bounties allow players to win big, but they don’t know what prize they win until the package is opened.
Cincinnati Poker Open series schedule
The Cincinnati Poker Open live event series runs from March 14-26. The Mystery Bounty event runs March 16-19, and Main Event flights begin on March 22.
Here is the complete series schedule:
- $400 PLO Tag Team (Event 1, March 14) – $20,000 guaranteed
- $600 NLH Mystery Bounty (Event 2, March 15-19) – $500,000 guaranteed
- $200 PLO Six-Max (Event 3, March 15) – $10,000 guaranteed
- $300 NLH Turbo(Event 4, March 19) – $25,000 guaranteed
- $400 NLH Senior Event (Event 5, March 20) – $50,000 guaranteed
- $200 NLH Six-Max (Event 6, March 20) – $10,000 guaranteed
- $1,100 NLH High Roller (Event 7, March 21) – $50,000 guaranteed
- $400 NLH Black Chip Bounty (Event 8, March 21) – $25,000 guaranteed
- $1,100 NLH Main Event (Event 9, March 22-26) – $500,000 guaranteed
- $200 NLH Ladies Tourn (Event 10, March 22) – $10,000 guaranteed
- $500 NLH Mixed Game (Event 11, March 23) – $25,000 guaranteed
- $300 NLH Turbo (Event 12, March 26) – $25,000 guaranteed
Satellites and daily tournaments
If these buy-ins are a little high, players at the casino will have a chance to win a buy-in via a live satellite as well. The winners of these events will be placed directly into the live events at the Hard Rock.
Satellites offer a great opportunity for players to enter big events without putting so much money on the line. The casino will also offer daily events for as little as $100.