Caesars Ohio Sportsbook – $1,001 Risk-free Bet Bonus
Disclaimer: Caesars Sportsbook is not yet online in Ohio. This review is speculative based on the Caesars sports betting app in other states. We’ll update the review when Caesars launches here.
Caesars is a top online sportsbook, and a solid choice for sports bettors when it launches in Ohio. And, if you sign up as a new customer with Caesars Ohio bonus code LEGAL15, Caesars will refund your first bet (if it loses) up to $1,001.
Enrolling with Caesars Sportsbook takes only a couple of minutes. This page will explain what you need to do, along with more about the Caesars Ohio welcome bonus. We’ll also provide a comprehensive overview of the sportsbook, including:
- Details on signing up and installing the Caesars sportsbook app on your iPhone, iPad or android device.
- The various bets and how to place them, including getting action down on your favorite Ohio teams!
- Your options for funding your sportsbook account in Ohio
- Best features of the Caesars app and how it compares to your other options
Caesars online Sportsbook launch date for Ohio
Currently, January 1, 2023, is the most likely launch day for Caesars Sportsbook in Ohio. However, with plenty of time between now and then, that date definitely could change.
This is thanks to the passage of Ohio’s newest online gambling bill, House Bill 29. Having passed the Ohio House and Senate chambers with massive majorities, the legislation was signed into law on December 22, 2021.
The Ohio Casino Control Commission has been tasked with finalizing the regulations before January 1, 2023. . Over the course of the year, they’ll successively release new requirements for Caesars and others. The Commission also will be tasked with granted licenses to operators such as Caesars.
HB-19 allows for 25 licenses. It’s likely Caesars will receive one, as they already have an Ohio presence thanks to their partnership with Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs.
Caesars Sportsbook promo code for Ohio 2022
To claim the welcome bonus, enter the Caesars Ohio bonus code LEGAL15 when you create an account. Once you do that, if the first real money wager you place loses, Caesars will issue a refund for the amount of the bet, up to $1,001.
|Ohio Sportsbook||Caesars Sportsbook|
|Caesars Promo Code Ohio||TBD|
|Sign-up Bonus||Up to $500 Risk-Free First Bet|
|Online Since||2023 in Ohio|
|Last Updated||August 2022|
Claiming your Caesars sportsbook welcome bonus
To start, after entering the Caesars Ohio bonus code, you’ll need to place a bet within seven days of opening your account. If the bet wins, you collect your winnings and continue on with your day. If it loses, Caesars sportsbook will issue a refund in the form of a free bet equal to the size of the losing wager, topping out at $1,001.
Using the Caesars free bet
To use a free bet at Caesars Sportsbook, simply select a bet and then choose to use your free wager while in the bet slip.
One thing you might notice when doing this is that you do not get the value of the wager back in your potential winnings. If you win your free bet, you will get the proceeds directly or your account as cash to withdraw or bet with as you set fit. But the original bet amount is not considered part of that.
While there are no wagering requirements or odds restrictions, the free bet will expire seven days after Caesars issues it, so don’t take too long to use it.
Is the Caesars bonus worth it?
Yes, the Caesars Sportsbook sign-up bonus is definitely worth it. It’s just important that you understand precisely how it works. Many people understand that they get a free bet back instead of cash, but not as many understand what it means to not get the value of the bet back. It’s still a great way to get started on the site, and if you are going to bet at Caesars you should absolutely take advantage of this initial offer.
Is Caesars sportsbook legit?
Yes, as one of the biggest names in the gambling industry and a licensed sportsbook in a number of states, Caesars is trustworthy.
If all that wasn’t enough, Caesars Sports (the official name of the app) is actually a partial rebrand of the William Hill Sportsbook app. Caesars acquired William Hill, one of the largest sportsbooks in the world, and used its top-notch app to better serve Caesars’ clientele.
Sports betting laws in Ohio
To bet at Caesars, you must be 21 or older and within state lines when placing any bets. Caesars will verify your age when you create your account. As for the location requirement, whenever you sign into your account, geolocation tracking software will check on your whereabouts. As long as you are somewhere in Ohio, you can bet.
Signing up at Caesars Ohio
To kick things off, head to the Caesars online Sportsbook website and click “Play Now.” Follow any additional prompts from there, and once you click where it says “sign up,” you’ll be able to fill out the application form. You’ll need to enter the following details:
- Phone number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
- Caesars sportsbook promo code LEGAL15
In addition to generating a password, you have to confirm that you are at least 21 years old, and that’s all it takes to sign up.
The Caesars sportsbetting app
The Caesars Sports app is available for iOS and Android. To get it for your device, follow the steps below.
Downloading the Caesars Sports app for iOS
Head to the Caesars website on your Apple device and select “Download iOS.” This launches the App Store at the Caesars Sports download page. Once you tap “Get,” the app will start installing to your device. Once it finishes, you can begin using it.
Downloading the Caesars Sports app for Android
On an Android device, select “Download Android” from the Caesars Sportsbook site. Doing so opens the Google Play Store directly to the Caesars Sports download page. Click “Install” and the Caesars Sports app will download to your device.
Caesars Sportsbook promotions
You’ll see a mixture of four odds boosts and promotions at all times on the rotating marquee at the top of the Caesars betting app and website. To check out all the current promotions, you need to click “Promotions” at the top of the website or “Promos” at the bottom of the app.
Here are some examples of what you might find on the Caesars promos page:
- Win-to-win promotions: A large number of the bonus offers at Caesars require you get your initial bet correct in order to get a bonus. Take for example this one during the 2021 Major League Baseball season: Place a pregame moneyline wager on that week’s selected game to receive a free bet equal to your winnings (up to $50) if you got your wager correct.
- Reward club: At times Caesars has run a promotion that basically is a de facto loyalty club. For a select period of time, you could receive points for every wager you placed with minimum odds of -200. At the end of the promotion, you could redeem the points for a maximum of $1,000.
- Make a bet, get a bet: Not all of the bonus deals at Caesars require you to get your bet right, though. It’s pretty typical to see a promotion where you receive a $10 free bet simply for placing a $20 parlay of four legs or more with odds of +300 or longer. If you win your parlay, that’s great, but win or lose you’ll get the $10 free bet credit.
- Player bonuses: Caesars also offers multiple promos where your reward depends on how a star player on the team you wagered on does. In basketball, that might be how many points that player scores. In baseball it simply could be whether that player homers, or in football it might have to do with touchdowns or total yards.
Does Caesars have odds boosts?
Yes, Caesars might have the most daily odds boosts of any online sportsbook in the state. When you select “Boosts,” you’ll be able to see all the increased bets that are available. You’ll find a mixed bag when it comes to odds boosts. There are parlays, props and just regular moneyline wagers, all with increased odds. And while many books limit boosted odds bets to $50, at Caesars the limit is double that at $100.
Reasons to choose the Caesars sportsbook app
Figuring out what separates one sportsbook from another can be tricky. With that in mind, here are some of the strong points of the Caesars Sportsbook app.
- Variety of bets: Caesars has tons of sports you can bet on and an abundance of betting options for those sports, too. You’ll find wagers for the top US pro (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, WNBA, MLS, UFC, PGA Tour) and college (football, basketball) leagues. Caesars also has international options like the Champions League, Premier League and EuroLeague and for special events such as the World Cup and Olympics.
- Solid app and website: The Caesars Sportsbook app and website easily are among the best in the industry. What makes Caesars particularly great is that it operates nearly identically across all devices, so no issues if you are on multiple systems.
- Promotions and odds boosts: Odds boosts can be hit or miss at sportsbooks. That’s because if you have only one or two offers a day, you might not see a bet you like for weeks at a time. But with at least a dozen offers almost every day, it’s rare to not find at least one boost you like. And the promotions at Caesars are some of the most distinct you’ll find anywhere.
Things we’d change about the Caesars app
Caesars is one of the best sportsbooks in multiple states, and we highly recommend giving it a try. Despite that, there still are a couple less-than-ideal aspects of Caesars you should be aware of.
- No single-game parlays: If you want to place single-game parlays, you will need to find an alternative, because you can’t do so at Caesars. These are bets where you combine multiple wagers from one game. Sportsbooks like FanDuel, PointsBet and BetMGM offer single-game parlays.
- Not as many low-stakes promotions: The promotions department at Caesars definitely knows what it’s doing. However, many of the bonuses might be too pricey for small-time bettors. Some promos don’t have minimum entry requirements, but the majority do demand moneyline or spread bets of $50 or more. If that doesn’t sound like what you’re interested in, DraftKings offers promos with no minimum bets. The downside is you often can’t win as much from DraftKings’ promotions.
- Promos award free bets, not site credit: While this is pretty typical at sportsbooks, it is still worth mentioning that Caesars promos offer free bets, not site credit or cash. You must wager free bets in their entirety, and you do not get the monetary value of the bet back in any potential winnings.
Betting markets at Caesars
At Caesars Ohio sportsbook you will find that you can place all the standard types of sports bets. Here is what a typical game listing looks like, along with what the various wagers involve:
|Moneyline||Puck Line||Total Goals|
|Columbus Blue Jackets||-160||-1.5 (+175)||Over 5.0 (-115)|
|Pittsburgh Penguins||+140||+1.5 (-200)||Under 5.0 (-107)|
Understanding the moneyline
A moneyline bet is a wager on one side or the other to win, and the odds tell you what you’ll win if your bet is successful. The Blue Jackets are favored to win (indicated by negative moneyline betting odds) and thus you’ll win less money wagering on them. Odds of -160 mean you must bet $160 to win back $100. As for Pittsburgh, odds of +140 are telling you that betting $100 would win you $140 if the Penguins pull off the upset.
Point spread bets — called the puck line when dealing with hockey — take the margin of victory into account. A negative number means a team must win by more than that number for a wager on it to be successful. A positive number means a team must avoid losing by more than that number. In the example above, Columbus has to win by two goals or more to cover the spread. Pittsburgh can cover by winning the game or losing by a single goal. The numbers in parentheses are the odds, and in this case you’ll win more money if Columbus covers than you would by betting on Pittsburgh to cover.
Totals are pretty easy to understand. Oddsmakers provide a number — 5.0, in this case. If Pittsburgh and Columbus combine to score four goals or fewer, bets on the under will win. If the two teams score six goals or more, bets on the over win. In the event of exactly five goals, all wagers would push and you would get your wager back. To prevent pushes, totals and spread bets often will end in .5.
Does Caesars Sports offer prop bets?
Yes, Caesars offers an absolute abundance of prop bets. Prop bets basically are wagers that focus on specific outcomes during games. For instance, for this game, you could place a prop bet on which player will score the first goal, which period will be the highest scoring or whether it will be tied at the end of regulation. To see available prop bets for any game, just click on the listing in question.
Parlays, round robins and teasers
These wagers all allow you to join bets together, with the goal being to win more money than you would betting on each event individually. Here’s an example:
Say you want to bet on three NFL spread bets, each with odds of -110. Betting $10 on each game, so $30 total, your maximum potential profit would be $27.27 if you got each bet correct. However, if you created a three-game parlay and just bet $10, you would win $59.58 if you got all three games correct. What makes parlay betting tricky, though, is that if you get any of your picks wrong, you win nothing.
Maybe you’re OK having to get all three bets correct, but you don’t necessarily like the line for each game. In that case, you’d select the teaser betting option and maybe select +6. That moves the line by six points in your favor for all your bets. You now stand to win only $16 if you get all three games right, but you’re more likely to do so. Then there are round robins, which create smaller groups of bets so you can miss a pick and still win some money.
Does Caesars offer futures?
Yes, Caesars has futures bets for all the top US leagues and for many of those abroad, as well. To find the futures options, just click on a sport — baseball for example — and if there are available futures, you’ll see a tab at the top labeled “Future Bets.” At the time we checked, you could find MLB betting odds on who would win the next World Series, AL and NL pennant, each division and the MVP and Cy Young awards in each league.
Is it better to live bet?
While live betting continues to grow in popularity, we don’t think pregame betting or live betting is better or worse than the other. They’re both just different.
Live betting can be great if you’re wondering if a star player is going to suit up or maybe for an outdoor game you want to see what the conditions look like if weather is going to play a factor. Live betting, also called micro betting, allows you the chance to get some favorable odds if the team you like gets off to a slow start.
Just be warned, live sports betting odds can, and often do, shift dramatically. For that reason, if you see a wager you like, be aware that it might not be there for long.
Betting on the Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Guardians at Caesars
Yes, you can place bets on the Reds, Guardians and the rest of Major League Baseball at Caesars Sports. Along with all the typical betting options, there also are some very distinctive baseball wagers you can place. Here are a few of your options:
- Inning bets: Caesars offers a variety of inning-by-innings bets. You can bet on whether either team will score in the first inning or simply place moneyline, spread and total wagers for an inning of your choosing.
- HR bets: Caesars has a plethora of home run bets. You can pick a player to homer or pick a player to homer and that player’s team to win.
- Winning margins: Caesars allows you to wager on what the exact margin of victory will be, and you can also bet on whether there will be extra innings.
- Pitching markets: While Caesars accepts bets for strikeout totals, it is one of the few sportsbooks we’ve seen that has “Quality start” wagers, too. You can bet whether a team will score three runs or fewer in the first six innings or four runs or more.
Banking at Caesars online sportsbook
Here are your current options for depositing and withdrawing money from Caesars Sportsbook:
The minimum deposit at Caesars Ohio is $20. Most of the options are instant, although e-check can take a couple days. Your options include debit/credit cards, online bank transfer, ACH (e-check), PayNearMe, and Caesars Play+ Prepaid Card.
There is no minimum withdrawal, and you can expect most withdrawals to be processed with 72 hours. Options include online bank transfer, e-check, and the Caesars Play+ card.
Caesars online sportsbook customer support
Caesars has a variety of ways to contact its help department.
You can start by checking out the “Online help” section under the support tab and try to solve your problem that way. You also can elect to call the help desk at 855-754-1200 or have a live chat with a representative.
Once Caesars Sportsbook officially opens in Ohio, there will also be an email that you can use for help whenever you need it.
Self-limits at Caesars Ohio
To exclude yourself from Caesars Sportsbook, click on “Responsible Gaming” at the top of the page. Once there, you will select the link to download an exclusion form, fill it out and then send it to the proper address.
From the same page, you also can set up various restrictions to your Caesars Sportsbook account. This means you can limit the size of your deposits, bets and even the time you spend on the Caesars app and website.
Can I bet at Caesars Sportsbook in person in Ohio?
Not at this time. That will change if Caesars opens a retail sportsbook in Ohio.
Caesars compared to other Ohio sportsbooks?
Depending on what you are looking for, it may make sense to have two or three sportsbook accounts. That way you can make sure you’re getting the best odds for each bet you want to place, and you also can benefit from each sportsbook’s promotions. Even if you just want to have one sportsbook account, you can still give Caesars a try, claim the welcome bonus, try it out for a little while and see if it’s the right sportsbook for you.
Caesars Ohio Sportsbook FAQ
When you deposit using an online bank transfer, Play+ prepaid debit card or a regular debit or credit card, your money will show up in your Caesars account instantly. An e-check will take up to two days. Cashing out with an e-check, online bank transfer or Play+ card requires up to 72 hours, but often will occur much faster than that.
Yes, you sign up using the Caesars website or app. Be prepared to enter your name, address, phone number, email, date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
Caesars and BetMGM both have very good online sportsbooks. However, BetMGM’s app is noticeably slower than Caesars’ app. Caesars also offers more odds boosts than BetMGM. BetMGM, however, offers single-game parlays, while Caesars does not at the moment.
Start at the Caesars Sportsbook app download page. From there, you can click the appropriate buttons to get the iOS or Android version.
No, living in Ohio is not a requirement to bet at an online sportsbook in the state. However, you will need to be inside Ohio state lines at the time you place a bet.