Underdog Sportsbook Ohio – Up to $100 Match Bonus
Disclaimer: Underdog Sportsbook is not yet live in Ohio. Underdog currently offers daily fantasy sports contests across the United States. This sportsbook preview is speculative, and we will update it when the Underdog Sportsbook app launches in Ohio.
Sportsbooks are coming to Ohio, with the state targeting January 2023 as a potential launch date. One of the new sportsbook options that could launch at or around that time is Underdog. The company already offers daily fantasy sports betting across the US. Now it is aiming to put itself in line to launch a sportsbook in Ohio upon legalization.
The Underdog DFS site already will match new users’ first deposits up to $100 along with offering special player props, head-to-head pick ’ems and long-term tournaments with huge prize pools. Of course, an Underdog Sportsbook would offer all the traditional forms of sports betting like moneylines, totals and futures.
This Underdog preview will detail the DFS platform and identify areas where the sportsbook may expand. It will also discuss various details at Underdog such as promotions, customer service and banking options.
Underdog Ohio Sportsbook bonus code for 2022
If Underdog Sportsbook Ohio takes its cue from the DFS site, new customers will be eligible to receive a deposit matching welcome bonus. Once you have successfully entered all your personal details and created your account, the best Underdog sign-up bonus will automatically come into effect, and the operator will match your initial deposit at a 100% rate up to a maximum of $100. Once your deposit clears, the bonus is yours to bet on whatever sports you choose.
|Ohio Sportsbook||Underdog Sportsbook Ohio|
|Underdog Ohio Bonus code||None needed|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $100|
|DFS online since||2021 in Ohio|
|Sportsbook Launch Date||As early as Jan. 1, 2023|
|Last Updated||September 2022|
Claiming your Underdog welcome bonus
Once you’ve created an account at Underdog Ohio, make your first deposit to receive the matching funds.
Unlike some other sportsbook welcome bonuses, Underdog’s playthrough requirements for its bonus are relatively easy to meet. That’s the case on the DFS site, at least. We’ll have to wait to see what happens with the sportsbook welcome bonus. If it’s the same as the DFS site, you’ll have to wager the total amount of the bonus at least one time before you can withdraw it.
Is Underdog sportsbook legit?
Yes, Underdog is a relatively new company, but it is fully licensed in all the states where it operates. Underdog Fantasy already boasts a near-five-star rating on the App Store, with over 4,000 reviews nationwide. Underdog’s investors include business tycoon Mark Cuban, NBA All-Star Kevin Durant and NFL insider Adam Schefter. It recently completed its Series B funding round, led by American multinational investment corporation Black Rock, the world’s largest asset manager. Upon completion of Series B funding on July 27, 2022, Underdog was valued at $485 million.
Underdog Sportsbook will not launch in Ohio until legally licensed to do so.
Sports betting rules in Ohio
You must be of legal betting age (21 or older) to bet on sports in Ohio. Online sportsbooks will check your age and identity when you register for an account and will also confirm that you are in Ohio before allowing you to wager. If you are outside Ohio or another state where Underdog is legal, you won’t be able to bet.
Signing up at Underdog Ohio
Setting up an account and starting to play at Underdog is easy. Head over to the Underdog website and click the green sign-up button in the top right corner. You will then need to enter the following information to create a user profile:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number or valid ID
- A username and a password
At this time, you will also have the option to enter any Underdog promo codes you may have, including a welcome code, referral code or creator code. Once you have entered all the necessary information, you can create your account and be ready to start sports betting online in Ohio.
Downloading the Underdog sports betting app
Along with its online platform, Underdog also offers a finely tuned app. To download the app, simply go to the Underdog website and select the link for iOS or Android, depending on your device.
Underdog Sportsbook iOS app
When Underdog Sportsbook launches in Ohio, you will be able to download the Underdog app for Apple devices via the website.
Underdog Sportsbook Android app
The Underdog Ohio app will be available for download after the online sportsbook launches. You’ll just need to use your mobile device to visit the Underdog website and follow the download instructions.
Like most sports betting apps, Underdog will likely offer its users various promotions throughout the year to keep the wagering exciting. Below are some of the promos you might see while playing at Underdog:
- Referral bonus: For something like this, the sportsbook would provide you with a unique referral code. Then, if someone signs up at Underdog using your code and makes a deposit, you will get some bonus funds that you can use to bet with. Your referral screen would also show how many friends you have referred and how much money you have received through referrals.
- Special lines: Throughout the year, Underdog might offer special lines to bet on, particularly during the NFL and NBA seasons. Such lines could make one of your bets easier to win or offer an enhanced payout if you do end up winning.
Reasons to choose the Underdog Sportsbook app
Here are some of our favorite features at Underdog from our review of the DFS site and in anticipation of its online sportsbook:
- User interface: The Underdog online sportsbook app is visually appealing and easy to use. Everything is available where it should be and easy to find on both the app and the website. The lines are visible and clear, and it categorizes all your picks into “lobby,” “live” and “results,” making it easy to keep track of all your bets. Furthermore, when you click on a player for prop bets, the app will display that player’s past few performances and stats, as well as any recent news, giving you additional insight into each wager you make.
- Drafts and daily fantasy offerings: Underdog has been operating for a couple of years as a DFS platform, so it offers some playing options that a traditional sportsbook might not. For example, you can pick from various draft formats, ranging from one-day to season-long teams. You can buy into some game modes for as little as $3 and win up to $2 million by drafting the best team. Whether you’re into football or golf, Underdog offers different types of drafts for all the major American sports.
- News feed: Underdog’s news feed tab is available on the bottom ribbon of the app and updates frequently with the latest stories from around the sports world. You can sort the news by sport, making it easy to keep tabs on all your picks.
Things we’d change about the Underdog app
As Underdog moves to launch its online sportsbook, here are some areas to keep an eye on:
- Difficulty verifying ID: One of the larger issues we experienced with Underdog was during account registration. While the initial process of inputting our information was smooth, there was some trouble during verification. We had to reach out to Underdog’s customer support to successfully verify our account. While we received a solution quickly after sending an email, it’s not ideal that this could be your first experience with the site.
- More loyalty rewards: While Underdog does consistently offer special lines for players, it has yet to create any sort of loyalty program for its long-term customers. A number of other sportsbooks, even sportsbooks with a DFS background, like DraftKings, offer rewards the more you play.
- Live betting? Clearly Underdog is not new to the sports betting arena thanks to its DFS offerings. However, we wonder what live sports betting might look like at Underdog. This is an area that many sportsbooks have failed to do well.
Betting markets at Underdog
Since Underdog currently only offers daily fantasy sports betting, it is hard to predict exactly how it will expand as it moves into the sportsbook space. The DFS offerings are exciting and can be just as fun to bet on as traditional sports betting lines. These are some of the DFS options that Underdog offers at the moment:
- Drafts: Underdog’s primary format is drafting. These drafts are unique to DFS and include every major American sport from hockey to basketball. You can enter small, daily drafts that cost as little as $3 or larger, longer drafts that can cost up to $25 to enter. You compete against other players to build the best team possible.
- Pick ’em: Every day Underdog offers new players and picks. The site has prop lines set for every sport, including smaller options like MMA and esports. You can choose which players will hit over or under their set line, and parlay picks into winning up to 20x your wager. Underdog also offers a “rivals” feature, where you can select which of two players will perform better in a single game.
When Underdog opens its sportsbook, it will almost certainly offer an array of standard bets in addition to its current DFS offerings. Here is some of what you can expect to see:
- Moneylines: The most traditional form of sports betting, you bet on one side or the other to win the game. For example, if the Cincinnati Bengals (-160) are favored to win over the Pittsburgh Steelers (+145), a $160 bet on the Bengals would win you $100 in profit, providing Cincinnati wins the game.
- Spreads: With spread betting, you must factor in the margin of victory. If the Cleveland Guardians are at +1.5 (-140) against the New York Yankees, the Guardians could lose by one run and your spread bet on them would still win.
- Totals: You are betting on the total combined score of a game. When the Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls play, Underdog Sportsbook could set the total at 223.5. You could then bet on the actual total score being over or under that number.
- Futures: These are long-term bets you can place on the outcome of a full season or playoff series, for instance. If the Cleveland Browns are +375 to make the playoffs, a $100 bet would win you $375 in January — if Cleveland does in fact make the playoffs.
- Parlays: Parlays are a way of combining multiple bets to potentially win more money. The more legs you add into a parlay, the higher the possible payout. Parlays are notoriously hard to win, however, because if you miss just one selection, your parlay wager is a complete loss.
Betting on Ohio teams at Underdog
Underdog Fantasy already lets you include Ohio-based athletes in your DFS contests. For example, while you can’t bet on the Cincinnati Reds, you can still capitalize on Joey Votto’s uncanny ability to get on base. Each day, Underdog will give you a line for Votto to surpass, like total bases. If you think he will accumulate over 3.5 total bases, you can add it to your picks.
You can also combine sports to bet on. If you’ve already made the Joey Votto over 3.5 total bases pick, you can add in a Collin Sexton line to increase your multiplier. If you think Sexton will make over 2.5 3-pointers, you can add that to your picks, and your multiplier will increase.
And then, providing Underdog launches its online sportsbook in Ohio, you will be able to start betting on all of the pro teams based in the state, as well as college squads like Ohio State and Akron.
Banking at Underdog
Underdog Sportsbook Ohio currently offers fewer payment methods than what we expect other online sportsbooks to offer in Ohio. As the company continues to expand, look for it to add more options. Underdog doesn’t charge any fees for transactions, and withdrawals take up to seven days to process. These are the current available banking methods:
- Credit/debit card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover)
Underdog Sportsbook customer support
Underdog customer support primarily runs through email. Both the app and website feature a contact link that connects you directly to Underdog’s customer support staff. Through email, you can ask any question you may have about your account, deposits or contests, and Underdog will respond. When testing the app ourselves, the one issue we had received a solution in under five minutes through an email exchange.
Responsible gambling at Underdog Ohio
Under the account tab on the Underdog app, there is a page specifically devoted to responsible gambling. This feature allows you to set alerts and limits on deposits, entry fees and contest entries to help you keep track of your spending and gamble responsibly. Underdog also offers links to services to assist with problem gambling. You can also self-exclude for a set amount of time, which will prohibit you from playing at Underdog. Self-exclusion can range from three months to three years, and you cannot reverse it once you make the request.
Betting in person at Underdog
Underdog doesn’t have a location where you can bet in person in Ohio at this time. However, with the Underdog mobile platform, you can bet at any time from anywhere in Ohio if the online sportsbook launches in the state.
How does Underdog compare to other potential Ohio sportsbooks?
It is still difficult to properly compare Underdog to other Ohio sportsbooks since DFS is the only product that it offers at the moment. The company has a strong mobile platform that is easy to use and gives you insight into each of your picks. The drafts feature is also enticing and entertaining, with chances to win big. If Underdog continues to expand its offerings with live betting, futures and other traditional sports bets, it will likely be able to offer a similar experience to other online sportsbooks. While it still does need to create some sort of loyalty program to reward its customers, we still recommend Underdog to sports bettors who like different types of wagers and nuanced contests.
Underdog Ohio FAQ
You don’t need to enter an Underdog bonus code when you sign up at Underdog in Ohio. See above for details about the Underdog bonus offer.
Yes, Underdog is licensed as a DFS platform in Ohio and is working toward an online sportsbook license in the state.
No, you can sign up through the Underdog website.
No, you can also bet with Underdog through its website. However, the app is useful if you plan to use a smaller screen.
You can withdraw funds from Underdog via PayPal or e-check.
No, but be sure to check your withdrawal method because other parties could charge fees.