Disclaimer: Despite having already agreed to a partnership with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Fubo Sportsbook will not launch in Ohio. FuboTV announced in October 2022, that it was shutting down all of its online sportsbooks. Here’s a look at the top Ohio online sportsbooks you can register with today:
With online sports betting set to launch in Ohio — possibly as early as January 2023 — one of the sportsbooks that could be on the way is Fubo. New customers at Fubo Sportsbook can claim a risk-free bet for up to $1,000 and a free month of fuboTV when they use the Fubo Sportsbook promo code BETBONUS.
The inclusion of a month of fuboTV is due to the fact that the sportsbook is a product of the live TV streaming service.
The first branch of Fubo Sportsbook launched in Iowa in November 2021. Keep reading our Fubo review to see how it stacks up against other potential Ohio online sportsbooks.
Fubo Sportsbook promo code for Ohio 2023
To claim Fubo Sportsbook’s risk-free bet plus a month of the fuboTV streaming service, enter the Fubo promo code BETBONUS when you register for an account at the online sportsbook.
|Online Sportsbook||Fubo Sportsbook Ohio|
|Fubo Ohio Promo Code||BETBONUS|
|Welcome Bonus||Risk-free bet for up to $1,000 plus one month free of fuboTV|
|Launch Date||Fubo Sportsbook will not launch in Ohio|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
Claiming your Fubo welcome bonus
Once you’ve created an account and entered the Fubo Ohio Sportsbook promo code, you’ll need to deposit some money and place your first wager. If that wager loses, you’ll receive a refund — up to $1,000 — in site credit. You won’t be able to immediately withdraw this credit. Instead, you’ll have to wager it, and you’ll have 30 days to do so.
If your first bet wins, however, you’ll keep your winnings as you would with any other bet. If you don’t have an active fuboTV membership, you’ll also receive a code redeemable for one free month, including the fuboTV Pro Plan and Sports Plus add-on. If you already have a fuboTV account, you will receive a credit of $75.98 instead.
Is Fubo Sportsbook legit?
Yes, Fubo Sportsbook is a trustworthy online betting site. The fuboTV streaming service is well-known for its sports offerings, so having an online sportsbook makes for an enjoyable experience.
Furthermore, to launch in Ohio, Fubo Sportsbook will need to meet the standards of the Ohio Casino Control Commission, just as it has already had to do with regulatory bodies in other states where it operates.
Signing up at Fubo Ohio
To start at Fubo Sportsbook Ohio, you’ll need to download the app, which is available for iOS users at the moment. As of this review, there was no browser-based version of Fubo Sportsbook.
After downloading the Fubo Sportsbook app in Ohio, you’ll want to click the join button in the upper right corner to create an account. If you have a fuboTV account, you can create a sportsbook account using that login information. On the first page, you’ll input the following information:
- Confirm password
- ZIP code
- Fubo Sportsbook promo code (BETBONUS)
Then the following few pages will ask for additional details:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Full address
- Agree to terms of service
- Social Security number
- Phone number
This may seem like many steps, but it’s pretty quick to complete. After this, Fubo Sportsbook will confirm your location using geolocation software. This is to make sure you’re in a state where it is legal to operate.
Once you’re done with that, you can make a deposit, check the available sports and start betting online in Ohio.
Download the Fubo sports betting app
Head to the Fubo Sportsbook website on the device that you’re getting the app for. Once there, select your state. If it’s a state where Fubo Sportsbook is operational, there will be a “Download on the App Store” button. Clicking that will take you to the correct download page on the store, and you can get the Fubo online sportsbook app from there. Note that, at the moment, Fubo Sportsbook doesn’t offer an app for Android devices, but one could be available in the future.
Where do I find Fubo Sportsbook promotions?
Fubo Sportsbook doesn’t have a dedicated promotions page. Instead, you can find the available promotions atop the app, just under the horizontal menu that lists the different sports on which you can bet.
At the time of this review, the only available promotion was the Fubo sign-up bonus.
Reasons to choose the Fubo Sportsbook app?
- FuboTV compatibility: In addition to being able to sign up for an account using your fuboTV account information, you’ll receive a free month of the live streaming service, which is something no competitor offers. Not only can you wager on games at Fubo online sportsbook, but you can also watch the games you wagered on using fuboTV.
- Mobile-only: With Fubo Sportsbook only available on mobile at the moment, learning the app is much easier. On top of that, resources to update the sportsbook go toward just a single platform, rather than having to worry about multiple ones. The app is also easy to navigate and use.
- Live streaming capability: At the top of the Fubo Sportsbook app, you’ll find an “On TV” link. Here, you can open fuboTV, check what games are airing on the streaming service, and watch from the app as you bet.
Things we’d change about the Fubo app
- Lack of additional promotions: With no promotions beyond the welcome bonus at the time of this review, the betting experience is a bit monotonous compared to competitors with frequent promos for all sports bettors.
- Limited betting options: At Fubo Sportsbook, you’ll have your standard moneyline, spread, and total bets, but props, for example, are pretty limited or unavailable in some cases.
- Few niche sports: Fubo Ohio covers all the major sports, but if you’re looking for something more niche, it’s unlikely Fubo Sportsbook will have it.
Betting markets at Fubo
- Moneylines: Bet on the team you think will win the game outright.
- Totals: Bet on the combined score of both teams going over or under a line that Fubo Sportsbook sets.
- Point spreads: The point spread aims to make two teams more even from a betting perspective. For example, suppose the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a point spread of -6 against the Miami Dolphins. In that case, the Buccaneers would have to win the game by more than six points to “cover” the spread.
- Parlays: If you feel confident about more than one bet, you may want to combine them in a parlay, which you can do on the Fubo Ohio mobile app. While the whole bet will lose if you get any of your individual picks wrong, you’ll receive a higher payout if you get them all correct.
- Teasers: Essentially a parlay where you can move the lines in your favor. For example, if the Buccaneers are -7 and the Houston Texans are +10, a six-point teaser would turn these spreads into the Buccaneers at -1 and the Texans at +16. The odds will also shift as you manipulate the betting lines.
- Round robins: Similar to a parlay in that you combine multiple bets, but you can still win some money if you don’t get all of your picks correct.
- Futures: You can wager on events that will happen later. Popular examples include betting on the Super Bowl winner, Cy Young winner, or the NBA MVP.
- Props: In many instances, Fubo Sportsbook has a limited selection of game props for Ohio sports bettors. These allow you to wager on “micro-events” within the more significant game. For example, betting on the first half total points in an NBA or NFL.
Betting on the Cincinnati Bengals at Fubo
You’ll be able to wager on the Cincinnati Bengals at Fubo Sportsbook in Ohio, whether it’s the preseason, regular season, or postseason. It should come as no surprise that you can bet on Ohio’s other NFL team, the Cleveland Browns, as well.
On Fubo’s sports betting app in Ohio, you’ll find moneylines, spreads, and totals for betting on the NFL. You’ll also find a variety of prop bets and other options. And if college football is more your style, you’ll also be able to bet on the Ohio State Buckeyes and any other NCAA football or basketball team you want.
Banking at Fubo online sportsbook
To deposit money on the Fubo sports betting app, you can use a credit/debit card, an ACH transfer, a Play+ card or the e-wallet Skrill. You can use the Play+ card or ACH transfer to withdraw funds. Depending on your chosen method, withdrawals can take anywhere from two to five days.
Fubo Sportsbook customer service
Fubo Sportsbook offers a few options for customer support:
- FAQ: This page covers questions related to responsible gambling, banking, promotions, and more.
- Live chat: Available 24/7.
- Email: Labeled as “submit a request,” this lets you indicate what kind of issue you’re experiencing, followed by completing an email form.
- Social media: You can contact Fubo Sportsbook on either Instagram or Twitter for assistance.
Fubo Ohio FAQ
What is the Fubo Ohio bonus code for February 2023?
The Fubo Sportsbook promo code is BETBONUS. Using it allows you to claim a risk-free bet for up to $1,000 and a free month of fuboTV. Check out the full details above regarding the Fubo sign-up bonus for new Ohio users.
How do I exclude myself from Fubo?
After creating an account, you’ll see an icon for your account along the menu at the bottom of the app. Here, you can access responsible gambling information by visiting the FAQ.
Some prompts include information regarding a timeout or suspending your sportsbook account. To complete either of these, you can contact customer support, which will assist you.
Can I bet at Fubo Sportsbook in person in Ohio?
Retail sportsbooks will also be legal and present in Ohio. However, if Fubo Sportsbook launches online in the state, we’ll have to wait to see whether it launches an in-person operation, as well.
How does Fubo compare to other potential Ohio sportsbooks?
Fubo Sportsbook isn’t quite in the upper echelon compared to other legal Ohio online sportsbooks, but it appears to be ascending.
There are some selling points Fubo Sportsbook has — namely fuboTV — that other sportsbooks can’t really offer. Most online sportsbooks have solid apps, and Fubo Sportsbook fits that bill, as well — it’s pretty easy to use.
If Fubo Sportsbook wants to rank among the elite in the industry, it’ll need to add more promotions and bet variety, however.
Is Fubo Sportsbook legal in Ohio?
If it ends up launching in the state, it will only do so if it’s received a license and approval from the Ohio Casino Control Commission.
How does Fubo Sportsbook compare to Bovada?
As an offshore sportsbook, Bovada is not licensed and regulated in Ohio or any other US state.
Who owns Fubo Sportsbook?
The sportsbook’s parent company, Fubo Gaming, is based out of Chicago and is a subsidiary of the streaming service fuboTV.
Do I need to download the app to bet at Fubo Sportsbook online?
Yes. The only way to bet at Fubo Sportsbook at the moment is via its iOS app.