SuperBook Sportsbook Ohio – $1,000 Bonus Bet
Disclaimer: SuperBook Sportsbook is not live in Ohio. This review is speculative based on SuperBook’s operations elsewhere. We will update it if SuperBook launches in Ohio.
Live in five states already, SuperBook Sportsbook could add a sixth with Ohio, potentially launching as early as January 2023. The online sportsbook provides new customers with a matching bonus based on their first wager, up to $1,000.
Before its plans to launch in Ohio, SuperBook started with Nevada’s online sports betting scene. It then expanded into Arizona, New Jersey, and Colorado in 2021 and Tennessee in 2022.
Other top Ohio sportsbook offers
In this SuperBook Sportsbook review, we go over SuperBook’s promotions, sports, and betting options, and other key factors to see how it might stack up in Ohio.
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
SuperBook Ohio Sportsbook bonus code for December 2023
SuperBook offers new customers a 100% first wager bonus of up to $1,000. You do not need a SuperBook bonus code to claim the top SuperBook Sportsbook welcome bonus.
|SuperBook Ohio Bonus Code||None needed|
|Sign-up Bonus||100% first bet match up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||December 2023|
Claiming your SuperBook welcome bonus
To take full advantage of SuperBook’s 100% first bet match, there is some fine print to be aware of. While no SuperBook Ohio promo code is necessary, your first bet must have odds of -200 or longer.
Once you place your first bet, you’ll receive a bonus voucher for the matching bonus funds within 24 hours. The bonus voucher funds then apply to 50% of your wagers until you’ve used them all up. These wagers also require betting odds of -200 or longer to qualify. That means odds of -225 wouldn’t qualify, whereas -175 would.
For example, if you wager $100, $50 would be your money, and the other $50 would be bonus funds. If you bet this $100 on something with odds of +110 and win, you would get $110 plus a $50 cash wager return. Your total return would be $160.
You then have 14 days to use the bonus voucher funds before they expire.
Is SuperBook sportsbook legit?
Yes, SuperBook Sportsbook is a reputable online sportsbook that already operates legally in five states. The company launched in 1993 as a retail sportsbook in Las Vegas. In addition, it was granted a mobile sports wagering license by the Ohio Casino Control Commission, so it will be fully legal when it does launch in the Buckeye State.
Signing up at SuperBook Sportsbook Ohio
There is a separate app for each state SuperBook Sportsbook is live in for mobile bettors, so make sure you download the correct app for your state. If you bet via a computer browser, meanwhile, you’ll choose your state once you arrive at the home screen.
You’ll need to create an account regardless. You’ll find the join button in the upper right corner of the app and website. Clicking on that will take you to the registration form, where you’ll need to provide the following information:
- A username for your account
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Password for your account
- Two security questions
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Then agree to the terms and conditions, and SuperBook will verify your details. Once that happens, you can head over to the deposit page to add money to your account so you can place your first bet.
The SuperBook sportsbetting app
The SuperBook online betting app is available to both iOS and Android users. You can download the app from the SuperBook website while using your mobile device via a link at the top of the screen.
However, SuperBook Sportsbook has separate apps dedicated to each state where it operates, so make sure you are on the correct state page, so you download the correct app.
Where do I find SuperBook Sportsbook promotions?
On the SuperBook Ohio website, there’s a menu at the top of the page with links to the homepage, live betting, app downloads and the promotions page. For mobile bettors, there is a static menu along the bottom of the app with a direct link to the page.
Reasons to choose the SuperBook Sportsbook app
- Promotions: In addition to the welcome bonus, SuperBook Ohio online sportsbook offers various other promotions, which it updates regularly based on what sports are on tap.
- User interface: Sure, the interface design is a bit plain at SuperBook, but it’s also easy to see where everything is. There’s no fluff here — it’s straight to the point, which makes it easy to start betting.
- Betting slip: This may be something you consider minor, but the bet slip at SuperBook works well for building complex wagers. Beyond single bets, there are tabs for teasers and round robins. A “clear all” link is also at the bottom of the slip to wipe it entirely if necessary.
Things we’d change about the SuperBook app
- Fewer banking methods: If you’re looking for a range of banking options, SuperBook Sportsbook doesn’t currently have that, with only three ways to perform transactions at the time of this review.
- Limited niche sports: While SuperBook Sportsbook has soccer wagers available from several international leagues, the rest of the sports you can bet on are mostly US-based. While that’s fine if that’s what you’re looking for, it can be disappointing if not.
Betting markets at SuperBook
- Moneylines: Bet on the team you think will win the game outright.
- Totals: Bet whether the total combined score of a game will end up “over” or “under” a line that SuperBook sets before the game starts.
- Point spreads: Place a bet that depends on a game’s final margin of victory. For example, a team might be a favorite to win, with a spread number of -3. That means, for a spread bet on that team to win, it would need to win the game by more than three points. A victory of 27-20 would do it, but winning by a score of 22-20 would not.
- Parlays: A parlay bet allows you to wager on multiple bets on the same ticket. In doing so, you’ll receive better odds than betting on them separately due to the risky nature of the bet. The increased risk is due to the fact that each of the individual bets — or legs — of a parlay must be correct. Otherwise, you win nothing.
- Same-game parlays: This functions the same way as a normal parlay except that all of the bets that you combine will be from a single game.
- Teasers: Teaser bets are available only for football and basketball wagers. They’re similar to parlays in that they have multiple legs. The difference is that you can move the line for each game in your favor to make the bet easier to win. For example, if you wanted to bet on the Cleveland Browns at -2 and the Cincinnati Bengals at -3, you could use a six-point, 6.5-point or seven-point teaser. If you chose six points, the new spreads would be Browns +4 and Bengals +3. However, the odds would shift as well to indicate that this is an easier bet to win.
- Round robins: Also similar to parlays, except in this case you are combining multiple wagers in a way that allows you to still win some money if all of them aren’t correct.
- Futures: Popular examples of futures bets include betting on the next Super Bowl winner or the MVP of a particular league.
- Props: These let you bet on smaller aspects within a game. Popular examples of prop bets include a quarterback’s total passing yards in a game or how many times a team will need to punt.
Can I bet on the Cleveland Guardians at SuperBook?
Yes, you will be able to wager on all your favorite Ohio-based teams on the SuperBook app. That means you’ll place bets on the Cleveland Guardians, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Columbus Blue Jackets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Columbus Crew, Ohio State Buckeyes, and other major college programs in the state.
Banking at SuperBook
One of the shortcomings of the SuperBook sports betting app is the lack of available banking methods. You’ll need to choose from a Play+ card, Paysafe or PayPal for both deposits and withdrawals.
However, this isn’t specific to Ohio, as all states where SuperBook is live only offer these. In fact, in Nevada, you can only fund your account by visiting the casino where the retail sportsbook is located.
SuperBook Sportsbook customer support
To find the available customer service options at SuperBook, you’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the homepage — this goes for desktop and mobile. Here, you’ll see a link to “Support.”
This page will show the FAQ, but there is also another link for you to contact a representative. When you select that link, a box will appear that provides the following options:
- Call us
- Live chat
- Leave a message (email)
How do I exclude myself from SuperBook?
You’ll find self-exclusion information via the responsible gambling link at the bottom of the page next to the support link.
The first section will define self-exclusion, which you can set to last one to five years. At the end of this section, there is a link that you can follow to begin the process of setting up your self-exclusion period.
Can I bet at SuperBook Sportsbook in person?
Although SuperBook Sportsbook is the online extension of the Westgate in Las Vegas, the sportsbook has no physical presence in Ohio at the moment. If that changes, we will update this section.
How does SuperBook compare to other Ohio online sportsbooks?
While the SuperBook sign up bonus may be less than competitors, the lack of wagering requirements makes it intriguing. However, the biggest downfall of SuperBook Sportsbook is the lack of banking methods. At other sites, it’s not uncommon to see double-digit banking methods, whereas SuperBook Sportsbook has just a few.
If SuperBook Sportsbook can add to its banking methods and a few more sports betting markets, this will be a more sought-after spot to wager on your favorite teams.
SuperBook Ohio FAQ
You don’t need a SuperBook promo code to claim the SuperBook welcome bonus. Just sign up with SuperBook Ohio and your opening wager will be matched 100% for up to $1,000. See above for details.
Yes, SuperBook is a legitimate, regulated sports betting option in a number of states, and its app is safe. There are links to download it on the SuperBook website.
Yes, SuperBook Sportsbook allows bettors to cash out early. One example of this feature is cashing out of a parlay when most of the legs have won. You can accept a smaller payout without risking a loss on a remaining leg, which would mean you would win nothing.
Another example is bailing on a single bet headed for a potential loss. You can salvage some of your original wager.
Yes, starting on January 1, 2023, you can legally bet on sports in Ohio. Ohio legalized sports betting and set New Year’s Day 2023 as the date for when online sportsbooks can go live.
Yes, you will be able to bet on college sports in Ohio. Some states don’t allow you to bet on college teams based in the state or any college games happening in the state, but that is not the case in Ohio.