Disclaimer: PlayUp Sportsbook is not live in Ohio. This review is speculative, based on the PlayUp app. This page will be updated if PlayUp Sportsbook launches in Ohio.
PlayUp — an online sportsbook headquartered in Australia — has successfully launched in Colorado and New Jersey. Now, as legal online sports betting becomes available in Ohio, PlayUp is a name to keep in mind.
In addition to various features, the PlayUp sports betting site has a bonus for new customers. When you sign up and make an initial deposit of at least $50, you will receive a 100% match of that money, up to a maximum of $1,000.
If you are located in Ohio and intrigued by what PlayUp has to offer, read on. We’ll go over the main details on this page, including bets you can place, what banking options are available, FAQs, and more.
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
PlayUp Sportsbook Ohio bonus code for March 2023
Enter the PlayUp promo code when registering for a new account to unlock a matching bonus when you make your first deposit.
|PlayUP Promo Code Ohio||None needed|
|First Deposit Bonus||100% match up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||March 2023|
Claim your PlayUp welcome bonus
Once you’ve signed up and made a deposit, you will receive an amount equivalent to that deposit in “bonus cash.” The catch is that you can’t withdraw any of those funds quite yet. You will need to bet your deposit amount and your bonus money before you can withdraw it. This means that if you deposit $50, you will have to wager $50 plus your $50 in bonus cash before you can initiate a transfer to your bank account.
All things considered, this is a pretty bettor-friendly playthrough requirement. Consistent bettors should have no trouble using their bonus cash within the 30-day window that PlayUp gives you.
Is PlayUp sportsbook legit?
Absolutely. PlayUp has been around for a while and is a well-respected name in the sportsbook industry. Although it is relatively new to the US market, it has been one of the top sportsbooks in Australia and New Zealand for years. It is also already licensed in a couple of US states and has multiple safeguards in place to keep player accounts safe and secure.
Signing up at PlayUp Sportsbook Ohio
PlayUp makes registering for a new account fairly simple. Don’t forget to enter the promo code when prompted.
- Visit the PlayUp homepage on your desktop, laptop, or compatible mobile device.
- Select the state where you’ll be betting.
- On the next screen, look in the top right corner next to the login button for a gold registration button.
- This opens a form that you must fill out with some personal details to create your account.
- Once the form is complete, you are all set. You can start browsing available wagers right away and deposit some money to start betting with.
How do I download the PlayUp Sportsbook Ohio app?
The PlayUp online sportsbook app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices. Here are instructions on how to install the PlayUp Ohio Sportsbook app on your preferred device:
Installing PlayUP on iOS devices
- On your iPhone or iPad, open an internet browser.
- Go to the PlayUp homepage, and select your state.
- The website will detect that you are using an iOS device and will show a green button with the Apple logo and the words “Download on the App Store.”
- Click the button to launch the App Store, and install the PlayUp Sportsbook app.
- Log in or sign up to start using the app.
Installing PlayUP on Android devices
- First, ensure your Android device is up to date with the latest version.
- Select your internet browser of choice and navigate to the PlayUp homepage.
- Select your state, and the next screen will give you a prompt to open the Google Play Store with the PlayUp app screen already selected.
- Install the app as normal.
Where do I find PlayUp promotions?
If there is a place where PlayUp Sportsbook is lacking, it is in the number of promotions that it offers. Apart from the initial PlayUp sign up bonus, it does not offer too many other promos. Occasionally, you will find a seasonal promotion at the start of a sports season or during a major event like March Madness. Apart from this, we have not noticed many.
If you do want to keep an eye out for promotions, we recommend visiting the homepage frequently — any new promos will be hard to miss. Additionally, you can follow its various social media accounts to stay up to date on any new PlayUp Sportsbook promos.
Best things about the PlayUP Sportsbook app
- Well-designed app: If you’re going to bet at PlayUp, we definitely recommend using the app. It is designed with ease of use in mind and is player-friendly.
- Live betting: PlayUp provides detailed statistics and a variety of live odds in a simple, streamlined manner.
- Variety of sports: PlayUp features all the standard options to bet on, as well as more obscure sports like water polo and field hockey.
What won’t I like about PlayUp Sportsbook?
- Few banking options: PlayUp is still relatively new to the US and is still working to add more deposit and withdrawal options. Right now, the list is quite small.
- Lack of promotions: PlayUp offers too few promos to existing players. If you want to have your pick of a variety of sports betting promos, you may be better off betting elsewhere.
- Occasionally buggy website: There’s a reason we recommend using the app. The website is functional, but it occasionally hangs up or simply does not respond.
What kind of bets can I make at PlayUp?
- Moneylines: Bet on which side will win the game for a payout that depends on whether you wager on the underdog or the favorite and what each side’s specific odds are.
- Point spreads: If you bet on the favorite, that side needs to win by a number that the sportsbook sets. If you bet on the underdog, that side needs to prevent that from happening.
- Parlays: Wager on multiple outcomes to all happen. If you get each of your picks correct, you will receive several multiples of your initial wager. Variants of this type of bet include teasers and round robins.
- Over/unders: PlayUp sets the number, and you decide if the combined score of a game will be over or under that number. Sounds simple, right?
- Proposition bets: Bet on smaller outcomes within a game, such as which player will score the first touchdown in a football game or how many strikeouts a pitcher will get in a baseball game.
- Futures: Bet on end-of-season outcomes. The most common wager is who will win a league’s championship. Other options include picking the MVP or the Cy Young winner.
- Live betting: Even if the game has already begun, you can still get in on the betting action with live betting. Follow the rapidly shifting odds as the game progresses, and get your money in if you see a bet you like.
Can I bet on the Guardians at PlayUp?
Ohio baseball fans are still getting used to the new name of their hometown baseball team. Regardless, if you think the Cleveland Guardians have a good chance at going all the way, winning the American League pennant, or even just winning tonight’s game, you are in luck. PlayUp supports a full range of bets on the Cleveland ball club and the rest of MLB.
Banking at PlayUp online sportsbook
As we mentioned earlier, PlayUp needs to add some banking options to its roster. Right now, there are only a handful of financial institutions that you can use to load money into your account. As PlayUp gains traction in the United States, maybe it will be able to add options like PayPal. For right now, here are your choices:
- VIP Preferred e-check
- Credit/debit card
- VIP Preferred e-check
PlayUp Sportsbook customer support
Customer service is adequate at PlayUp, although we wish there were a few more options. The FAQ section on the PlayUp website is fairly sparse, although it does offer good help if you have questions about banking options.
If you still need assistance, you can call the customer service phone number, although that is not available 24/7. Currently, there is no live chat feature on PlayUp’s Ohio website, but other states do support this, so it may be available soon. In the meantime, you will have to settle for sending an email if an issue comes up after hours.
Response times were pretty good in our experience, and the agents seemed friendly and helpful.
How do I exclude myself from PlayUp?
Like other legit gambling providers, PlayUp is required to offer self-exclusion options to bettors who need to take a break or restrict themselves from using the product. At PlayUp Sportsbook in Ohio, you can impose limits on your account by going into your account settings in the main menu. You can restrict the time, wagers, and money you deposit onto the site in a given period.
You can also set a “cool-off” limit that blocks you from accessing the PlayUp site for a certain amount of time. As a final step, you can also completely deactivate your account and delete any stored information. PlayUp will void all pending bets, and you will need to contact customer service to retrieve any funds in your account.
How does PlayUp compare to other Ohio sportsbooks?
Because online betting in Ohio is still relatively new, it’s tough to know precisely how the competition will shake out. However, at the moment, PlayUp seems to be lagging behind some of its competitors when it comes to promotions. However, PlayUp offers a solid mobile experience with competitive odds and a good variety of sports on which you can bet. The welcome bonus is a plus, as well.
PlayUp Ohio FAQ
What is the PlayUp Sportsbook promo code for March 2023?
Enter the PlayUp code and get your first deposit match 100% for up to $1,000. The PlayUp bonus offer comes with a 2x playthrough requirement. Scroll up to read the full terms and conditions.
Do I need to download the app to bet at PlayUp?
No, PlayUp’s sportsbook is available via computer and mobile browsers. If you do plan to bet using your phone, though, an app is available, and we liked how it ran more than the website.
Does PlayUp charge fees for withdrawals?
No, PlayUp doesn’t bill you for withdrawing money. Keep in mind that some payment processors may impose a fee independent of PlayUp, however.
Can I use PlayUp outside of Ohio?
At the moment, there’s a version of the sportsbook available in Colorado and New Jersey. Other than those states, though, you cannot bet at PlayUp from anywhere else in the US.
Can I bet on the Cleveland Browns at PlayUp?
Yes. Browns faithful can place a variety of wagers on everyone’s favorite underdog team, including weekly straight bets and various futures.