Out The Gate Sports Betting App & Ohio Promo Code
Disclaimer: Out The Gate Sportsbook is not live in Ohio or anywhere else currently. This review is speculative, and we will update it when the Out The Gate Sportsbook app goes live in Ohio.
At the time of this review, more than 20 sportsbooks had applied for a license to operate in Ohio, and Out The Gate Sportsbook is among them.
Launching in Ohio would be the first online sportsbook from Out The Gate, which also applied for a retail sports betting license. With this being its first launch, the information is sparse, but there are still some things to examine ahead of time. Let’s go over everything we know about Out The Gate online sportsbook.
Out The Gate Sportsbook bonus code for Ohio in 2023
We are awaiting word on whether Out The Gate Sportsbook Ohio will have a welcome bonus and whether it would require a code for such a bonus. If you need a code to unlock the Out The Gate sign-up promo, you will be able to find that here.
|Ohio Sportsbook||Out The Gate Sportsbook Ohio|
|Out The Gate Ohio Bonus Code||TBD|
|Launch Date||Jan. 1, 2023, at the earliest|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
Claiming the Out The Gate welcome bonus
As of August 2022, there’s no information yet concerning an Out The Gate sign up bonus. However, based on other online sportsbooks, two of the main potential options are a deposit matching bonus or a risk-free bet.
With a deposit matching bonus, the sportsbook matches your first deposit at a certain percentage and up to a set monetary amount — for example, a 100% match up to $1,000. When you receive the bonus funds, you’ll need to complete a playthrough requirement — essentially, wagering X amount of money — before being able to withdraw the bonus funds as cash.
If the promo is a risk-free bet, that generally means the sportsbook will provide a refund up to a set amount if your first bet loses. Such a refund typically takes the form of a free bet or betting credits, which you can use for a second chance at winning some money.
Is Out The Gate Sportsbook legit?
Out The Gate is a new name with minimal history in online sports betting. However, if it launches in Ohio, that means it will have passed the Ohio Casino Control Commission’s licensing process, ensuring a minimum level of safety, security and fair play. The Ohio Casino Control Commission looks for online sportsbooks with systems in place to keep customer data safe, among other aspects to make sure it’s a safe place to play.
In terms of the brand itself, we know it’s a “multichannel gaming operator, offering licensed real-money games in the sports betting, casino, racing and daily fantasy sports markets,” according to its website. Additionally, Out The Gate is a registered Delaware C corporation partnered with SPIRE Institute, a multi-sport training site in Switzerland.
Signing up at Out The Gate Sportsbook in Ohio
You’ll need to create an account to get started at Out The Gate Sportsbook. As with any online betting app in Ohio, you’ll need to provide information such as the following:
- Date of birth
- Answers to security questions
- Username for the site
- Password for the site
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
You’ll also need to agree to the sportsbook’s terms and conditions. The Out The Gate sports betting site will then verify your details, and your account should be ready to go.
Download the Out The Gate Ohio app
When Out The Gate Sportsbook goes live in Ohio, it will likely offer an app for iOS and Android devices. Generally, online sportsbooks will have links to download their app right on their website, so you can access the site via a mobile device and follow the prompts to complete the download.
Where do I find Out The Gate promotions?
There’s no reference for how the user interface for Out The Gate will look yet. However, with most online sportsbooks, there’s a direct link to the promotions page on a menu at the top of the page. All you would need to do is click on the Out The Gate promotions tab, and it will show you all the current bonuses at the online sportsbook.
You will want to pay special attention to whether you need to opt into the promos to qualify for their benefits. In addition, take time to read the terms and conditions of the Out The Gate bonuses that you’re interested in claiming. This can be tedious, but you want to avoid any surprises.
Reasons to choose the Out The Gate Sportsbook app?
- It’s brand new: As a new online sportsbook launching a few years after states began legalizing sports betting, Out The Gate Sportsbook will have some catching up to do. In doing so, there could be some exciting Out The Gate promotions and bonuses to take advantage of to capture the attention of bettors, especially in Ohio, where sports betting will be new.
- Potential retail site: If you like the idea of visiting your online sportsbook in a retail setting, Out The Gate also applied for a retail license in Ohio. It’s not confirmed yet, but if it receives approval, you’ll be able to wager both online and in a brick-and-mortar setting.
Ways the Out The Gate app could improve
- Potential bugs at the start: With a new online sportsbook, there’s a chance there may be some bugs or glitches when the website and/or the app launches. This could make the experience subpar, but the issues may disappear if you have the patience to persevere.
Betting markets at Out The Gate Sportsbook
- Moneylines: Wager on which team you think will win.
- Spreads: The point spread is to create as close to an even betting situation as possible. In sports, some teams are simply better than others. The spread aims to combat that by giving a boost to the underdog and a handicap to the favorite. For example, if a favorite has a point spread of -6, it would need to win the game by seven points or more for spread bets on that team to win. Also, point spreads will typically have betting odds that are at or around -110 on both sides, as this is the standard line on matchups that are “even,” which the point spread attempts to accomplish.
- Totals: Also known as the “over/under,” this bet has you wagering on the combined score of a game.
- Props: Prop bets are wagers on smaller events that happen within a game. Some examples include who will win the opening tipoff in an NBA game or what one player’s total receiving yards will be in an NFL game.
- Parlays: Parlay betting allows you to place multiple bets on the same ticket. While each bet or “leg” you wager on must be correct for you to win your parlay, the potential payout will account for the riskier nature that a parlay presents. For example, if you parlay two wagers with odds of -125 and +180, the parlay odds would be +404.
- Futures: Futures betting allows you to wager on long-term events. Examples include betting on the Cy Young winner in MLB or the eventual next Super Bowl winner.
Can I bet on the Bearcats at Out The Gate?
Yes, if Out The Gate launches in Ohio (or elsewhere, potentially), you will be able to use the sportsbook to place bets on the University of Cincinnati Bearcats. While some states where sports betting is legal prohibit wagering on college games that take place in the state or on college teams from that state, that’s not the case in Ohio.
Banking at Out The Gate Sportsbook
Out The Gate Sportsbook has yet to offer a list of deposit and withdrawal methods, but here are some of the more popular options you’ll find at other online sportsbooks:
- Debit/credit card
- Cash at the cage of a partner retail location
- ACH transfer
Chances are that Out The Gate will offer some, if not all, of these methods.
Customer support at Out The Gate
To receive help from an online sportsbook, you’ll usually find some combination of the following methods:
- Live chat
- Mailing address
While Out The Gate Sportsbook may not offer all those, we’ll monitor updates to see which are available and their characteristics. For example, is the live chat 24/7? How robust is the FAQ section? Etc.
How do I exclude myself from Out The Gate?
Operating an online sportsbook in the United States (where legal) requires the sportsbook to provide information and tools related to responsible gambling. Links to this are typically available in the upper right corner of the site or at the bottom of the page.
These links typically provide information related to deposit and time limits, how to take a timeout period and how to self-exclude for longer.
Can I bet at Out The Gate Sportsbook in person?
Out The Gate Sportsbook has applied for a retail sports betting license in Ohio. If it receives approval, there’ll be a retail site where you can wager with Out The Gate Sportsbook in person.
Out The Gate vs. other Ohio online sportsbooks
With such little information to go off, at the moment it’s tough to compare Out The Gate Sportsbook to other online sportsbooks that may launch in Ohio. We’ll keep you updated when more information becomes available.
Out The Gate Ohio FAQ
Out The Gate has yet to announce a welcome bonus for new customers at its online sportsbook or whether such a bonus will require a code to claim.
Out The Gate hasn’t announced any information related to this yet, but online sportsbooks generally set the minimum at $10 or $20.
You’ll need to be 21 or older to wager at any legal online sportsbook in the state of Ohio.
Out The Gate has applied for a license to operate both an online and retail sportsbook.
Out The Gate Sportsbook is seeking a license to operate legally from the Ohio Casino Control Commission. Conversely, BetOnline is licensed in Panama, making it an offshore sportsbook, meaning more risk and less recourse if something goes wrong (like you don’t receive your winnings).