Columbus Crew Odds
The Columbus Crew are a Major League Soccer success story. The franchise is one of the 10 MLS charter clubs that began play in 1996. They played at the first soccer stadium actually built for an MLS team for more than 20 years and just moved into the brand new Lower.com Field in 2021.
Over the years, the Crew have won two MLS Cup titles, including the 2020 MLS Cup. Columbus has also won three Supporters’ Shields, awarded to the team with the best regular-season record in the league.
Once legal sports betting in Ohio takes root, you’ll be able to bet on the Columbus Crew from your seat at that brand new stadium or wherever you are inside the state. Here’s how to bet on the Columbus Crew online in Ohio, including the latest odds for the next Crew game and odds for Columbus to win the MLS Cup.
Today’s Columbus Crew odds
Check the latest Columbus Crew game lines here. That means three-way moneylines, spreads and totals for upcoming Crew games. Click on any betting line to go to the sportsbook, sign up for an account, claim your bonus and place a bet.
Columbus Crew MLS Cup odds
The latest Columbus Crew futures odds, including the Columbus Crew odds to win the MLS Cup this season. Click on any of the futures bets here to go to the sportsbook, sign up for an account, claim your bonus and place a bet.
Columbus player prop odds
The latest Columbus Crew props odds for the team’s best players. Click on any of the odds listed here to go to the sportsbook, sign up for an account, claim your bonus and place a bet.
What is the Columbus Crew moneyline?
MLS moneyline betting is three-way betting. MLS regular-season games might end in one of three outcomes, which means three things to bet on, and therefore, three-way betting.
These outcomes are a Home Team Win, Away Team Win or Draw. A typical Columbus Crew moneyline will look like this at FanDuel Ohio sportsbook:
|Moneyline||Home Wim||Draw||Away Win|
|Chicago Fire @ Columbus Crew||-125||+275||+175|
What is the Columbus Crew spread?
MLS spread betting is like spread betting in most other sports, which means there’s a line set by oddsmakers factored into the final score to determine the betting winner. Soccer is a generally low-scoring game, so MLS spreads are set low, at one goal or half a goal.
For example, at DraftKings sportsbook Ohio, you might bet on the Columbus Crew at -1 (-115) at home against the Chicago Fire. You’ll win this bet if Columbus wins by two or more and get paid $100, plus your bet back, for every $115 you bet. You’ll lose the bet if Columbus loses or if the game ends in a tie, and you’ll push if Columbus wins by a single goal. You might also bet on Chicago at +1 (+115). You’ll win this bet if Chicago wins and push if they lose by just a single goal. Wins pay $115, plus your bet back, for every $100 bet.
Alternatively, you might bet on Columbus at -0.5 (-135) at home against Chicago. You’ll win this bet if Columbus wins and lose if they lose or the game ends in a draw. That half-a-goal line means no push. Wins pay $100, plus your bet back, for every $135 bet. You can also bet on Chicago at +0.5 (+115). You’ll win if Chicago wins or the game ends in a draw and get paid $115, plus your bet back, for every $100 you bet.
Columbus Crew totals bets
MLS totals betting is about forecasting the final combined score in a game. You’re betting on whether it lands over or under different lines posted by sportsbooks. These soccer betting lines generally range from 0.5 goals to 3.5 goals. You can bet the under on 0.5 goals at +750 for the Columbus-Chicago game.
If the game ends in a scoreless tie, you win $750 for every $100 bet. You can also bet the over on 2.5 goals at -135. If the game ends with three or more total goals scored, you win $100 for every $135 you bet. However, you’ll lose the bet if the game ends with two or fewer goals. That half-goal in the line means no push.
Columbus Crew player props
Betting on MLS games extends beyond just moneylines, spreads and totals. You can bet on all kinds of team and player props. This may include a specific Columbus Crew player scoring or the team scoring first, last or not at all. You can bet on the number of red and yellow cards issued or corners awarded. Plus, you can place bets on the exact score, or the exact number of goals and even whether the total goals will be an odd or an even number.
Soccer betting also includes the Double Chance, where you bet on two of the three-way moneyline betting outcomes at the same time. Plus, there’s the Tie No Bet, which essentially turns the moneyline into two-way betting, refunding all bets if the game ends in a draw.
Columbus Crew famous players
Here’s a quick look at five of the best Columbus Crew players in franchise history:
- Lucas Zelarayán: The MLS Newcomer of the Year for the 2020 regular season scored twice in the 2020 MLS Cup Final, assisted on another goal in Columbus’ 3-0 MLS Cup win, and was named MLS Cup MVP.
- Gyasi Zardes: Zardes led the 2020 MLS Cup Champion Columbus Crew in scoring. A California native, he also won an MLS Cup with the LA Galaxy in 2014 and was named the MLS Comeback Player of the Year in 2018 after joining Columbus.
- Brian McBride: McBride was an original Crew player who scored twice in the franchise’s first-ever game and sits second on the team’s all-time scoring list.
- Chad Marshall: Marshall won back-to-back MLS Defender of the Year awards, including in 2008, when the Crew won their first MLS Cup. He also scored the game-winner on a header in that 2008 MLS Cup Final.
- Barros Schelotto: Schelotto is the greatest Columbus Crew player of all time. He helped the team win its first MLS Cup in 2008, also winning MLS MVP and MLS Cup MVP honors in that magical season.
Columbus Crew home games
- Name: Lower.com Field
- Address: 96 Columbus Crew Way
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Owner/Operator: Columbus Crew
- Capacity: 20,371
- Field: 115×75 yards Grass
- Groundbreaking: Oct. 10, 2019
- Opening date: Jul. 3, 2021
- Construction cost: $314 million
- Other uses: Soccer only
How to watch or listen to Columbus Crew games
All Crew games air on Bally Sports Ohio TV or its secondary channel Bally Sports Great Lakes. Jordan Angeli is the color analyst on the broadcast and the first woman broadcaster in Crew history.
Radio broadcasts air on 97.1 WBNS-FM, and there is a Spanish radio broadcast available on ColumbusCrew.com. Live streams are also available online via MLS Live on ESPN+ and MLSsoccer.com.
Columbus Crew facts & figures
- Team Valuation: $540 million
- Owners: Dee and Jimmy Haslam
- Other Pro Teams these owners have: Co-owners of the NFL’s Cleveland Browns
- First Year in MLS: 1996
- MLS Cup Wins: 2 (2008,2020)
- Record in inaugural season (1996): 15-17
- First game: Apr. 13, 1996, in Ohio Stadium (4-0 win over DC United)
- Cost of tickets lowest/highest: $29/$325
- Twitter followers @ColumbusCrew: 195.1K
- Front Jersey Sponsor: Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Official Website: https://www.columbuscrew.com/
- Supporters Club: Three Crew supporters’ groups, including Crew Supporters Union, Hudson Street Hooligans, and La Turbina Amarilla, formed the Nordecke (German for north corner) in 2008.
- Team logo: Odd-Shaped C with the Crew name outside the outline of the Ohio state flag and a triangle in the bottom right corner showing “96” to reflect the team’s status as a founding MLS club
- Team colors: Black and Yellow
- Columbus Crew on FIFA21: Columbus is in the MLS league on FIFA 21. Mensah and Zalarayan are the team’s top-rated players.
Signature Columbus Crew moment(s) so far
Here’s a look at two of the franchise’s signature moments: