Managing Editor, PlayOhio
Danny Cross is the managing editor of PlayOhio, where he covers the legislative and regulatory process of legalizing sports betting and the latest news on sportsbooks coming to Ohio ahead of Jan. 1, 2023.
Cross joined PlayOhio from Pro Football Focus, where he wrote and edited articles on the NFL, fantasy football and betting.
Must read Ohio sports betting articles by Danny Cross
Revenue projections: Over $1 Billion Of Ohio Sports Bets Lost After Jan. 1 Launch Date Announcement
State budget: Ohio Sports Betting Revenue To Benefit Military Veterans
Danny Cross’ work in the media
Ohio sports betting revenue: REPORT: Ohio will miss out on millions if sports betting isn’t up by NFL season
Ohio casinos and racinos: Local racinos apply to start sports gambling Jan. 1
Sports betting launch date: Ohio sports betting to start in 2023
PlayOhio survey results suggest that there will be plenty of interest in the new, regulated sports betting market once things launch in January. Current bettors are clearly interested in moving to legal sportsbooks and away from offshore accounts, and they’ll have plenty of options to do so.
Ohio’s sports betting market is shaping up to be one of the most wide-ranging in the U.S., from retail locations in stadiums and casinos to kiosks in local grocery stores — and sports betting apps could have as much impact as either option.
Posts by Danny Cross:
- Ohio Does Not Plan To Commission Disparity Study Ahead Of Sports Betting Launch, 26 Sep 2022
- Citing NFL Rules, Cincinnati Bengals Pass On Retail Sportsbook At Paycor Stadium, 21 Sep 2022
- Why The Cleveland Browns And Cincinnati Bengals Crushed Bettors In Week 2, 19 Sep 2022
- Electronic Bingo Adds Charitable Element As Part Of Ohio Sports Betting Bill, 15 Sep 2022
- Why Betting Backers Of The 2-0 Ohio State Buckeyes Are Largely Losers This Year, 12 Sep 2022
- Ohio Approves First Retail Sportsbooks, 300 New Kiosk Applications, 08 Sep 2022
- One-Third Of Ohio Sports Betting Applicants Risk Missing Launch Over Application Details, 07 Sep 2022
- 25 Sportsbook Apps Coming To Ohio — And 1 That May Miss Jan. 1 Launch, 25 Aug 2022
- Nearly Half Of Ohio’s Pre-Approved Sports Betting Kiosk Hosts Miss Application Deadline, 17 Aug 2022
- Ohio Sports Betting To Launch At Stroke Of Midnight As 2023 Begins, 03 Aug 2022