Jack Cleveland Casino
JACK Cleveland Casino in downtown Cleveland features more than 100,000 square feet of space along with 1,600+ slots, around 100 table games and a 26-table poker room. The casino resides in the former Higbee Building, the landmark department store that served the city for decades.
A retail betJACK sportsbook also opened at the casino in January 2023.
JACK Cleveland Casino
- Address: 100 Public Square, Cleveland, Ohio
- Phone number: 216-297-4777
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Available games: Slots, table games, poker
Ohio Casinos in the News
The casino at JACK Cleveland Casino
The casino occupies the former Higbee Building, located in downtown Cleveland at Tower City Center. It features 100,000 square feet of gambling space, and visitors can access the casino from Public Square, Terminal Tower, and the Tower City Center shopping mall.
The premises are smoke-free, as required by state law. The casino is open around the clock, seven days a week.
The property features roughly 1,600 slots, 100 table games, and a large poker room. JACK Cleveland Casino is tied for third in total gaming space statewide with Hard Rock Casino in Cincinnati.
Slot machines & video poker
As you might guess from the fact that there are more than 1,600 machines onsite, slots are the main focus at JACK Cleveland Casino. There are options for a variety of budgets, as you’ll find both penny slots and high-limit games that allow betting up to $100 per spin.
Apart from the standard reel slots, you’ll also find a range of video slots. Some of them feature progressive bonuses for the luckiest players. There’s also a decent selection of video poker options, including All Star Poker II, Super Start Poker, Ultimate X Poker, Hot Roll Poker, and more. Here are some of the most popular slots on the casino floor:
- Lucky Wealth Cat — This slot is a tribute to the Lucky Buddha slot, available in many land-based casinos. It’s manufactured by IGT and has medium to low variance. What makes it stand out from the pack is the lucrative multiplier feature, with the same symbol paying twice within seven spins. Other than that, it’s a simple but interesting five-by-three slot.
- Showcase Showdown — With its full name being The Price is Right Showcase Showdown, this land-based slot offers another take on the popular Price is Right series of games based on the legendary TV show. The base game looks like a classic slot, but the main goal is to start the Showcase Showdown feature and spin the big wheel to bring hefty rewards to the luckiest players.
- Jeopardy! — Based on another popular TV show, Jeopardy! is an online slot that offers an interesting Daily Doubles free games feature, which can further evolve into Double Jeopardy! and give players additional chances to win bigger awards. This is another one of IGT’s games available across the US in land-based casinos.
- Ultra Hot Mega Link — This game is a continuation of the Ultimate Fire Link slot series. The game has a standard five-by-three grid and offers several bonus games, including the Ultra Hot Mega Link feature, as well as the free bonus games. It’s one of the top titles from Scientific Games.
- Lock It Link — This game mechanic powers many land-based video slots, and it’s proven to be popular among US players. There’s a series of Lock It Link games, all of which have one thing in common — one selected symbol remains locked in place wherever it lands throughout the free spins feature, thus increasing players’ chances of creating a long symbol combination.
Besides the slots described above, you’ll find hundreds of other popular titles, all from IGT, SG, and the like.
According to the casino’s website, it offers “nearly 100 table games,” with these being some of the most popular options:
- Blackjack with optional side bets
- Commission-free Face Up Pai Gow
- I Luv Suits
- Crapless Craps
- EZ Baccarat
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- Mississippi Stud Poker
- Three Card Poker
- DJ Wild
Three Card Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, and Mississippi Stud come with a progressive jackpot. To enter the popular multi-link progressive, you need to make an additional $5 bet on one of these games during the betting round.
JACK Cleveland poker room
The JACK Cleveland Casino poker room features more than two dozen tables. It’s open Sunday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 4 a.m., and around the clock on Friday and Saturday. The room usually features No Limit and Limit Texas Hold’em and Pot Limit Omaha cash games and tournaments.
Cash games start at $1/$3 for No Limit Hold’em and $1/$2 for Pot Limit Omaha. Tournament buy-ins for NLHE games start at $100 and go up to $2,000. PLO buy-ins range from $200 to $700.
ClubJACK rewards program
JACK Cleveland Casino promotions and offers are available via the company’s loyalty scheme. ClubJACK is a rewards program exclusive to all of JACK Entertainment’s land-based gambling properties. It gives players a chance to win points faster and access to an array of benefits. There are four tiers:
Each tier brings additional benefits and offers. Once you reach the purple tier, you’ll get a personalized VIP host and even receive an annual trip with airfare credit. Of course, other levels also provide plenty of advantages, such as special offers, discounts, the ability to earn comp points at a better rate, and more.
Does JACK Cleveland operate a sportsbook?
Yes, JACK Cleveland operates a Las Vegas-style retail sportsbook.
The betJACK sportsbook at the casino is now open for business as of Jan. 1, 2023.
More Ohio casinos
JACK Cleveland Casino history and ownership
JACK Cleveland Casino opened after voters in Ohio approved an amendment to the state constitution that allowed for casinos to open up in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Toledo. This was the fifth statewide vote for casino legalization, and 53% of the votes were in favor.
JACK Cleveland Casino officially opened its doors on May 14, 2012. It first operated as Horseshoe Cleveland, and was the first land-based casino to launch in the state. However, after a series of buyouts and purchases between its two founding partners, Caesars Entertainment and Rock Gaming (later JACK Entertainment), it rebranded into its current incarnation in 2016.
JACK sold the property for the casinio to Vici Properties in 2020, but leased the gaming space back from the company.