Senior Content Manager, PlayOhio
A Michigan native, Matt Schoch has seen the Midwest casino industry from all sides. From a leading analyst for Michigan’s online market to his time as a blackjack dealer in Chicago, Schoch knows what’s ahead for Ohio.
Matt has worked at newspapers in Michigan, Missouri and the Virgin Islands. Schoch has covered sailing on the Great Lakes, cricket in the Caribbean, high school and pro playoffs, and the Olympics in Rio. He’s also the former host of the Locked On Pistons Podcast and producer of a documentary on Emoni Bates, “Ypsi’s Emoni.”
As a senior content manager for PlayOhio, Schoch helps lead coverage of the Ohio gambling industry. Our team of journalists guides you through the legislative process in states, along with the regulatory process, letting the public in on the information they need to gamble safely.
Gambling articles by Matt Schoch
Matt Schoch’s work in the media
Ohio has set up the best sports betting environment in the country.
Sports fans will be able to get on games on their phones, at bars and grocery stores, and at large retail sportsbooks at sporting venues.
We’ll be watching to see how it goes, and following closely what problems do arise, including from a responsible gambling perspective.
Posts by Matt Schoch:
- 100 Lingering Questions 100 Days Before Ohio’s Sports Betting Launch, 22 Sep 2022
- Survey: Ohio Could Be Turning Point DraftKings Needs In Sports Betting Race, 20 Jul 2022
- Q&A: How Gabb Goudy Went From Chemistry Lab To Ohio Sports Betting Influencer, 14 Jul 2022
- Opinion From Michigan: Ohio Has Nation’s Best Sports Betting Model, 26 May 2022
- 5 Sports Betting Mistakes And Lessons Learned From Ohio’s Neighbors, 25 May 2022
- Ohio Sportsbooks Could Generate $12 Billion In Wagers As Gov. Mike DeWine Signs Sports Betting Bill, 22 Dec 2021