Jake Garza is a US Gambling Industry Analyst for Catena Media. He specializes in Midwest sports betting and casino content.
Prior to covering the legal gambling industry, he spent time as a professional sports writer, reporting on teams such as the Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts and Indiana Pacers.
Garza is currently working as a Staff Writer for PlayOhio, with previous stops at other well-known brands such as PlayIllinois, PlayMichigan and PlayIndiana.
He has been covering the gambling industry since 2019, and currently works with a team of other journalists to provide comprehensive coverage of all things Ohio gambling related.
US Gambling Articles By Jake Garza
Ohio Sportsbooks: Cleveland’s Jake Paul, Betr Bringing Micro-Betting Focus To Ohio
Responsible Gambling: New Study Reveals The Risks Of Problem Gambling In Illinois
Midwest Sports Betting: IN’s Sports Betting Market Ready For Competition From Neighbors
Casino Articles By Jake Garza
Illinois Casinos: Chicago City Council Votes To Move Forward With Bally’s Casino
Indiana iGaming: The Basics Of Indiana Online Casino Gaming
Indiana Casinos: Churchill Downs Breaks Ground On New Terre Haute Casino
Jake Garza’s Work In The Media
Gambling Revenue: Hoosier Sportsbooks See Expected Drop In February
Super Bowl: How To Bet In Michiana Ahead Of The Big Game
Sports Betting Records: Indiana Sets Record-High With $355 Million In Sports Bets In September
“Ohio sports betting is shaping up to be one of the biggest markets in the entire country. Lawmakers have set the Buckeye State up for success. Between online apps, retail sportsbooks and kiosks in local businesses, gamblers in Ohio will have plenty of options to pick from once wagering begins next year.”
“Legalizing online casinos is the natural next next for Indiana’s gambling industry. Hoosiers have grown accustomed to the convenience of online wagering, and iGaming presents an incredible opportunity for fresh tax revenue. Legalization should be a no-brainer for lawmakers in 2023.”
Posts by Jake Garza:
- Bet365 Ohio Pre-Launch Deal Lets Bettors Claim Free $300, 28 Nov 2022
- BetJACK Reveals New Pair Of Ohio Retail Sportsbooks, 23 Nov 2022
- Maryland Online Sports Betting Finally Arrives, Ohio Is Up Next, 23 Nov 2022
- Ohio State Vs. Michigan Point Spread Back To More Than A Touchdown, 20 Nov 2022
- Ohio Reveals First List Of Approved Sports For Betting, 16 Nov 2022
- SPIRE Institute Wins Two Ohio Sports Betting Licenses, 16 Nov 2022
- Tipico Sportsbook’s Ohio Launch Will Be A Major Step For Gannett Partnership, 14 Nov 2022
- Underdog Sportsbook Ohio Launch To Add Sports Betting To Daily Fantasy Options, 10 Nov 2022
- Sports Betting Taxes Could Expand Ohio’s Problem Gambling Treatment Options, 09 Nov 2022
- DraftKings Ohio Pre-Launch Deal Offers $200 In Free Bets, Chance at $100,000, 17 Oct 2022